Sunday, May 3, 2009

This Weekend, Nothing Spectacular Happened

We are in the midst of laundry. You know, trying to get everything clean and ready for a trip. Living on the third floor none of us have adequate ventilation for our dryers, thus taking more time than usual to dry clothes. Our dryer has been running since we returned home from church. Roy just asked me if I had a candle burning and it was at that time I smelled the burnt smell which was emitting from the dryer. No fire but a very hot dryer. It is cooling off now. We love where we live except for this laundry ventilation thing.


This has been a good weekend with nothing spectacular that stands out except it was good. Roy was called on Saturday to see if he would step into substitute teaching his Sunday School class. He was pleased and happy to do so. I am impressed that he was able to put together such a great lesson and the subject matter happened to be the last chapter of Isaiah. Watching him study and pull his lesson together made me miss teaching Sunday School, well just for a moment I had that thought. I wouldn't mind subbing but I'm not ready to go back full time.


I loved watching the Kentucky Derby and loved the story behind the horse that won. After derby watching, I picked up Dena to eat and do some shopping in The Galleria. We ate at The Nord and the delicious special pizza was still on the menu. Sometimes it is difficult to find someplace to eat a relaxing dinner and be able to hear the other person speak. This can be found in the evenings at The Bistro. We had a weeks worth of catching up to do. During prom season it is fun to be in the mall and watch all the couples arrive or leave early from the Westin hotels and last night we were not disappointed. Although, there didn't seem to be as many milling about in the mall. So either that prom was really, really good or everyone had already left the building.


Today I took a 3 hour nap. It was great!


We are getting really excited about our upcoming trip. Everything is falling into place. My bunko game got moved, so I am in the process of looking for a sub.


Easy going weekends, love them.

No comments: