Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our ChatAsheNash Trip

It won't be too much longer and we will be going on our ChatAsheNash trip. That is Chattanooga, Asheville, and Nashville. Looks like the weather will be somewhat cooperative. I am trying to pack and remember all the small details that need to be taken care of before leaving. Roy is tying up loose ends at the office and he hasn't even packed. But guys they can throw together stuff and be fine. I am a mood packer. Since we are driving, I can bring a few more things than if we were flying. I can give myself a little leeway with what in the heck clothes mood I will be in.


I have quickly reverted back to my tennis days in choosing what to wear. I am happy to be in workout capris and t-shirt all day long. It's wonderful. If I look worse for the wear on a particular day people think I have already worked out instead of me working out later. Some outfits have become just so darn cute with pinks, mint green, and aqua blue.

Books have been narrowed down to 2 and I am taking my travel journal with me. I am also taking a different version of the Bible. I mainly use ESV and NIV, but I am taking the TLB on this trip cause I am TCB...you know, taking care of business.

We've decided not to get all fancied up for dinners. We are choosing casual dining choices. Done the big expensive dinner thing at the Biltmore before. When Dena and I went several years ago, our table was next to a couple celebrating their anniversary. They barely even talked and were so interested in our conversation. I told Dena we should have started making up all kind of junk. One morning at breakfast they put us next to an older couple who were not talking, so we did make up stuff in our conversation just so they could have an interesting breakfast. Roy and I are always talkative with one another, but I don't need the pressure. When Peggy and I stayed at the Grove Park Inn on a girl's trip, we had started the day looking oh so cute and summery. But my friend in Chattanooga took us on the Bataan Death March in the middle of July when it was hotter in Chattanooga than Houston and we sweated ourselves out. Once we showed up at The Grove Park they informed us we needed to be in resort casual to eat dinner there. We took the hint and ate in town.


We will get to spend some time with family in Nashville and then we will head home by the way of Amish Country and Oxford. Roy said in conversation one day, once we have finished wasting time in Amish Country....what???? There is perfectly good stuff to do there. He was OK when I mentioned this place that serves awesome food.

In case I don't get a chance to post before we leave, I will be posting some from the road, I hope.

2 comments:

Ulovebeth said...

Oh! Have fun! It's such a myth that it doesn't get hot there. Lots of people in Asheville don't have A/C, but it gets hot!
It was my home for two years (I lived by the Grove Park--in a falling-down apt, but the neighborhood was awesome!), and I miss the mountains terribly.
If you get a chance, eat at Tupelo Honey. It's downtown and has some GOOD FOOD! Even Elvis-style peanut butter & banana sandwiches.
I don't know if it's still there, but The Laughing Seed is surprisingly good vegetarian food--and even my Texas native/NC transplant friends love La Paz in Biltmore Village. HAVE FUN!

Ali said...

y'all have a great trip ;-)