Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Room With a Wooded View

We have arrived at the Biltmore Inn! Ahh, relaxing here is such a special retreat. Oh, happiness, o joy, oh boy! We are definitely not roughing it, because our bell boys were not slow. Roy and I have walked the terrace and surrounding areas. OK, once I saw the chairs, I wasn't anymore interested in hiking than I would be in camping. So, I walk a little ways to show Roy, oh yes...I want to do this and then reneged on that suggestion and waited for him after his stroll in the chairs that were beckoning me to come, rest, cast my cares and sit in the chair.


Today has been the first day of beautiful sunny weather in a week here. Thank you Lord for your favor and blessing. Our drive here was outstanding! We took the less traveled and more scenic drive into Asheville from Chattanooga. Since it was Sunday morning we sampled the preaching of the surrounding areas. The FBC guy in Cleavland, TN was OK. The Church of God preacher brought the Word with authority and conviction. We learned some new things from him. We heard a couple of others that went fuzzy before we could even listen. Got a great rousing lift in music from all Gaither radio and then as we got deeper in the heart of North Carolina, it was major Southern Gospel. It was enjoyable for me at least to sing all the parts whenever I wanted to with the groups. We saw motels on the sides of the roads that looked as if we were back in the 1950's. Tourist courts with rockers outside the door of your room. Roy would like to go rafting and spend some time in that part of North Carolina. Hmm...maybe but I have that roughing it prejudice. We arrived in Asheville and toured downtown. Then came over to Biltmore Village, had a late lunch and did some shopping. Several of the shops I would like to visit are closed on Sunday. A return trip to the village is in the plans. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, so we will tour the Biltmore home then. I have several great books to read and we could always have tea in the library tomorrow afternoon. When Dena and I came here in 2002 we decided 2 nights weren't enough. Now that Roy and I are staying 3 nights, I am thinking maybe a week would be good.



As I sat outside I heard the same conversations from couples aged from young to old and no matter the age, this is what I heard, " well, what do you want to do? Do you want to walk? OK, how about sit here for a while. OK, do you want to go inside and get something to drink? So, what do you want to do?" It doesn't matter if you've been barely married or ancient of days married, the questions are still the same. Now, there are a lot of girlfriends here too. Never heard a question of what to do, they were together laughing and catching up... I think they might have wound up different places and thought, well how did we get here?


The Inn on the Biltmore Estate (rear view)
Another back view

The entrance to our room
An inviting chair to read, think and dream in. Roy is in this very chair right now asleep.


We'll be sleeping well the next few nights



A separate shower




A jacuzzi bathtub





The vanity with me trying to hide as I take the picture


Well, we are going to change clothes and go down to the lounge for a salad supper. Yum! I need to do that. I haven't been eating that healthy so far.










1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Hope you have a wonderful week....