Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Home Houston

Good Morning! We arrived home last night around 8:00 pm. We were so happy to get in and off the road. On the road by 5:30 am we only met one round of severe weather and that was between Nashville and Memphis. So thankful not to have encountered severe weather all week when it had been all around us. I blew through Mississippi and did the length of the state in 4 hours and 15 minutes and that is with two brief stops. Once we were in Louisiana, I slowed down a bit. We are so thankful that I did. We encountered a wreck right before Crowley. There were fatalities and they had the cars involved covered in blue tarps. Those of us who were detained in a long wait as they worked on the wreck probably felt a little guilty for our impatience of stand still traffic. Once we were passed the wreck, we decided to forget about setting the all time family record of driving through from Nashville to Houston and stop for dinner in Sulphur, La. It was a good stop for me since I had been doing all the driving. And the 5 hour energy shot came through to help with the last leg of the trip.

At home, we unpacked the rental car and returned it last night so we wouldn't have to wake up so early this morning. In a little bit I will go pick up Buddy. I have missed her.

I'll also get some groceries into the home today. Uh, not like we are starving to death after all the wonderful and creative dishes we had at the Biltmore. I am also happy to be home because I didn't have quiet times like I usually get to have at home. God's presence surely was felt and known by me during the week and I feel like He spoke truth and the Word I needed into my spirit. Now at home, He and I can have a huge debriefing....:)


Roy and I certainly had fun together and enjoyed our trip. We had great conversations in the car about all kinds of stuff. It gave us time to talk seriously too because those moments at home sometimes can be few and far between with busy schedules and the daily that demands our attention.


Of course, things are getting back to normal already. Roy and I do mornings so differently. So our personal likes of morning schedules were sacrificed for one another. When I got up this morning, Roy was eager to get up right with me to begin the day. I asked if he could give me just a few minutes alone before joining me in searching the kitchen for something suitable for breakfast. As I read the paper, just sitting still with my Diet Coke, Roy already had huge political discussions going on in his head and wanted me to join in. This morning I just didn't have it in me.

So, I should quit updating the blog and start doing some laundry. I need to get cleaned up and go get my little Buddy. Of course she will have to act all mad for a time, but hopefully she will be happy with us by evening.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

and how is Buddy? is she speaking to you? welcome home!