Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pardon Me Roy is That the Cat Who Ate Your New Shoes

Such a great night of rest last night. Roy got up early this morning and let me sleep in just a bit. A good breakfast is the way to start off the day. There is something about the grits in the deep south that are so good! We got on the road a little after 9:00. Stopped in Trussville to get gasoline. Trussville is where Mildred and Gertrude went national. I was able to get in and out of the Shell station without being recognized. :)

We were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery as we drove I59. There was a plethora of Cracker Barrels on that highway. If Dena and I were on this trip together, we might still be on the highway stopping at each and every CB.



Today Roy and I went to Lookout Mountain when we hit Chattanooga. Our first stop; Rock City. It has been years since I have been there. It dawned on me as I was kind of struggling with the altitude if this was considered mountain climbing because that is the only restriction I have with my heart. I did ok, but it was a bit of a struggle. We made it to the top and we were rewarded with a great view. We decided against the Incline Railway and went to Point Park. As we finished up there the clouds grew darker and the rain began. Since we weren't too sure where our hotel was located we decided to head over this way. We never had lunch, so we did a big dinner at the, you guessed it, CB. We are in an area that is brand new development.


Roy in a LSU rocking chair at CB

The end of our journey of Rock City


Wooden swing and me



Point Park, battle for Chattanooga in the Civil War




More Point Park


Tomorrow, we head to Asheville.

No comments: