Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nordstrom's, Good for What Ails You

Seriously, I need to read some of the great books that are stacked by our bed. You know how you hit times when every book you pick up is unforgettable. Each book hard to put down? I find myself in that wonderful predicament. I also find myself with a schedule right now that is not allowing much time for reading. That should change soon hopefully. Serendipitously I have found several questions and thoughts that have taken me captive and I find it difficult to get my mind around in the few books I have been reading. I’m not even ready to give blog post or journal ink to many of them. There are a few I can put in print today. This is how I have arranged the order of these questions and thoughts; what do you do with your pain, do our sorrows shape us, and do we let those sorrows define us? Cliff note answers for me would be pain turned into laughter, yes sorrows can shape but so does joy and hope. Hope then faith is what gets us out of the pit of sorrow and sadness. In my life I have tried not to be defined by sorrow, but sometimes a word or a memory can haul me into sorrow before even knowing it. I’ve asked the Lord to let me know the moment I have stepped back into past sorrows and pain. I do not want for those sorrows and sadness to define me now. Believe me, we all know people crippled spiritually, emotionally, and physically by sadness and forgo living the abundant life of John 10:10.

The phone just rang and it is UPS delivering my order from Amazon. Timely timing, heh.

The young moms and children at the pool have replaced all the old ladies who have been camping and staking out the best chairs around the pool all morning long. The laughter and squeals of delight from the kiddos have chased off all the cranky yet tan biddies. Now the children have gone in and soon the young professionals will tan with the waning sunlight.


Today was a good first day of the Nord sale. Also the unexpected delight of meeting up with Tillie for lunch made the day even more fun. Yesterday I met CourtneyS, Moriah and Lisa P for a late lunch/snack at the Nord. Yep, retired life is what it is cracked up to be.

OK, I need to go open that box of books. I have ventured from all things Southern for a bit and finding myself engrossed in some wonderful memoirs. Oh, I was wrong about the young professionals being the next round at the pool. The old ladies must have realized the silence and have stampeded back to claim the table and chairs. I love living above the pool.

No comments: