Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Music - Songs Over Sung

This Christmas season I have already heard the Happy Birthday Jesus song, the song about the shoes, and Mary Did You Know way too many times to count. Of those three songs I like Mary Did You Know but too many versions, too many recordings by various artists and sometimes in the late night KHCB will play it twice in a 30 minute time period. Last Christmas I gave you my heart...oops another much played song, but last Christmas I got all the way to Christmas Eve before hearing Mary Did You Know but of course if I was Mark Lowry I'd be asking why that song isn't being played. He is a very rich man from that song. The history of how he came to write those words was told in the middle of the night on KHCB. I remember bits and pieces of it cause I wasn't all the way awake. I used to let sports talk shoes play all night but Roy asked if I could do something a little softer and mellow. KHCB was our compromise. Mary Did You Know that it's a song over sung and 99.1 does the same thing with a Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. Not once have I heard the Iconic Song Merry Christmas Darling on the radio, once in Kroger's though.



So this vision thing is really weird, but is good news. Last Thursday started having some problems seeing. Did better wearing my old glasses. Had the little colorful floater thing going on. Of course I went to Dr. Google to look up symptoms and scared myself. Should always go to God first with this kind of stuff. Anyway, Peggy takes me to the eye Dr on Monday. Isn't that very nice of her? She's a good friend. Of course she is too funny when she brings over the Gay Yellow Pages that is being given away in the office. My eye Doctor is in the Heights...nuff said. I'm like don't read that to me. Uh some pretty racy pictures of men in there. Not any listings like for a good time... But if you need to find a new grocery store, that half naked man is why you would want to go, I guess. My eyes were all dilated and of course I am asked to pick out new frames. Long story short...yes I know this is already a long story, my distance vision has improved up 3 lines. It is better than in 2006. So for the next two weeks I am in a challenging time. I'm wearing reading glasses to see up close and going with my natural vision for distance. It's OK, but night driving is not good. Sometimes there's this little gap where it is really difficult. So don't drive too close to me. Right now I am driving like an old woman or a mini van driver. You know I am not happy at all about that.



Just opened the box from The Vermont Country Store with my canned bacon inside. Going to let Roy take the free marzipan cakes to the office. Marzipan...Homestarrunner, Teen Girl Squad...oops, I digressed.


Dana D and I met at the Nord Bistro for lunch today. We had a great time, well I had a great time for sure. Gee has been only 15-20 years since the last time we had lunch together. Peggy was going to meet us but she had lots of stuff keeping her out West today. It seemed like Dana and I opened up the Bistro and left long after the lunch time rush. Before meeting Dana, I got a lot of my Christmas shopping finished up. And still had enough energy and vision to make a quick stop at the play grocery store. Thought a nap was going to happen but I got a second wind upon returning home.


Soon after getting home I needed to get Roy's dinner ready to help him get out of the door and get to practice on time. Nothing says love like warmed up Collina's pizza.

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

do you know I have yet to hear "Merry Christmas Darling"??? What is wrong this holiday season??? The world is not right!

Marty H said...

I didn't spot you today, but if you were there, you got to hear the Bolin's version of Mary did you know! I know you were excited to add it to your talley total for the season!