Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Official! We Heard From Our Sister!

Yesterday morning, toward the end of Sunday School, I looked at my Black Berry to see if I had any messages from Roy. Sometimes our meeting place changes after church. None from him but one from a nun. That's right kiddos, I heard from the Sister we adopted. Can you tell how excited I am? She is in Bunkie, La, teaches pre-school and kindergartners. Her name is Sister Judiann. Isn't that cool! I wrote her back this morning and just now, she sent pictures of she, Sister Jeanette and the work they do they do there in Bunkie. She even sent a picture of them holding snowballs from last week's snowfall. I told her she was being adopted by a Baptist girl who married a Catholic boy and she doesn't even seem to mind me being Baptist. God's presence is all over this. I also realize that we share Sister Judiann with others, but that is fine with me. The more to help she and Sister Jeanette in their ministry. I noticed she is on Facebook, so maybe I will be brave enough to ask her to be a friend.


Roy is just laughing at me and thinks this is so good. He can tell I am genuinely excited about this whole experience. He just left to go to his first Bible Study Fellowship meeting. Talk about two extremes... I guess BSF has the strict rules for their men's Bible study too. Roy is a rule follower, well more so than me, and isn't even moved one iota about no talking if you haven't done the homework. Yea, we laughed, Roy always does his homework. This isn't even a threat to him.


We have done really well with him home all day on vacay. Well, early on in the day, he went to Costco and then to the Apple store. Then he came home, we ordered Christmas dinner to be picked up on Christmas Eve and then went out to lunch. Then on the way home, we ran a bunch of his errands and did pretty good getting them knocked off his list. I worked on a shortened script for this Sunday. Mildred and Gertrude are going back to Tallowood for a Christmas luncheon. It needs a little more work before I send it on to Peggy. When he gets home, we will move around some furniture for more access when Salvation Army comes and picks it up tomorrow.


OK, I think this is really funny. Roy voted for the mayoral election on Saturday in between Celebration performances. He didn't want to re-apply make up, so he went to The Forum, which is where we vote, in complete stage make up as an Elf... He said he got some looks from some of the precinct workers. I would have loved to get this on film. One lady did stop him and asked about the extreme make up he had on and he explained why he was coming to vote in such a state. She let him vote. After the speech our new mayor gave on Saturday night, I wonder if some of those precinct workers thought, oh yes, I saw one of those people today who the mayor elect mentioned in her acceptance speech, that have never had a voice in city matters. Uh no, just a guy with elf make up on.


Well, I just wanted my bloggity boo friends to know, our adoption is finalized and we couldn't be more pleased.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That is so funny about the makeup!

FitzandMolly said...

i didn't get to see Celebration, but i would have loved to see Roy voting.

Grami's girls said...

I enjoy your post! Post a pic of Roy as an elf!