Thursday, December 31, 2009

Phase 3 Completed

December 31, 2009, last day of the year. All in all 2009 hasn't been that bad and in spite of some issues not being resolved, it was a rather good year. We said good bye to Roy's mom this year. In that good bye Roy became the executor of her will. Even though so much has been accomplished, the house is nearing the end of a total update and will be listed soon. Out of that experience of going through her things, we came home with a new determination to de-clutter and become a little more organized. We have made a major dent in this arena. So Phase 3 was completed yesterday. I am so proud of Roy, every goal, every plan and every task he proclaimed would get done during his vacation, actually got done and then some. He needed to go into the office today for year end closing and all those year end related things and when he comes home tonight, the next three days have no projects left to do. Now, he is thinking on some new ones and I'm fine with that.


Today I am going to look at chairs, that is after I have lunch with a friend. Mmm...seafood in on the lunch menu, so I'm totally jazzed over that. Omega 3's! Last night we had the best time out at the Bain Compound with the Mounces, Murpheys and Bain/Johnston families. Love that our ages and stages are all over the map and we truly enjoy one another. Peggy made chicken noodle soup but it seems more like chicken and dumplings. Very delicious with Laurie's salad and Becky brought some chocolate cake from....The Play Grocery Store! I brought the rosemary bread and dipping oil. Mmmm, delicious all the way around.


I've read some very interesting thoughts on blogs about the coming new year. Maybe I can gather my thoughts and share what decisions I am making toward the new year. I do know this, they are going to be small but meaningful decisions. I'm trying not to make a big picture statement that doesn't include any accountability from me if I don't run the race and finish the course. That means, not holding true to what I said I would do and being able to get lost in the ambiguity of it all.


I am looking at the new journals and new pens that I received for Christmas this year. Can't wait to get started with them tomorrow.

No comments: