Friday, December 11, 2009

Elephant, Camel, and Angels...oh and Lunch Too!

It's Friday night. Buddy and I are spending a quiet evening together. Roy is in Celebration and tonight is the first performance. Last night I dropped by the dress rehearsal and was totally blown away. The past few years Roy has participated in the program and loves being involved in it. It's like we have traded places. He is an elf, in the blue procession, sells grain in the market scene and is in heaven for the last scene. It is a joy to watch him, even as an elf cause he ain't got no sense of dancing...but he has found a place on stage where he isn't out there and he can somewhat do the steps because he is watching those in front of him. Dress rehearsal was long, like they always are, last night. Today is his first day of his vacay. So he was happy to sleep in. Also you come home so wired and it is hard to settle down. Even as tired as he is, he isn't ready to go to sleep. Roy has several projects in the week ahead and he added a few more projects to the list this afternoon.


Last night from my seat in row K, I got the up close and personal closeness of both the elephant, the big elephant, the BIG, HUGE elephant that smelled like the zoo and not to be out done, the big camel. A goat stepped on my foot, but been there and done that in years gone by. I also have stepped in a lot of goat remains (do do) from Pageants gone by. Got to bust a move with Steven Murray during the Hallelujah Chorus and had a delightful time with my former angel cast mate from back in the day, Rebbecca. OK, like she is in college now but she was an angel along with Jennifer H when they were in high school. Let's just say with Jennifer S and Marsha T, that baptistery was rockin' in some good times. So, what's said in the baptistery changing room stays in the baptistery changing room...which happened to be where angels change their clothes.

Speaking of angels and innocence...did I come to mind? Anyway, Amazon delivered some Angel Innocence Body Cream and Powder today. I have been looking all over for these. Seems they are just making the perfume and cologne right now. The T. Mulger rep was at the Nord Sunday night. She said they have taken a different emphasis right now. That sounds like discontinued to me, although I am not a professional.


Today Laurie and I finally had our twice cancelled lunch and we were joined by Becky. We had a wonderful time catching up and laughing with each other. I am always blown away that youngsters want to spend time with an old, well not old but maybe the word here is mature, lady. I went away filled with joy and bento box and banana cream pie. Oh, it was all good!

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

i was an angel once. we were behind the scrim, and we cut up soooo much...

Jennifer said...

I don't know if you read my blog yesterday, but EmmyKate got sick within the first 10 minutes of the performance on Friday. We did see the elves and I was pretty sure 1 of them was Roy. I was so sad that I didn't get to stay and see the whole thing because I was really looking forward to it. Instead I drove home with a child throwing up and stayed that way for the next 8 hours. Oh Joy!!!