Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Shortest Day of the Year

The shortest day and longest night of the year was jam packed. It was a fortunate thing that I was able to ease into the day. On Sunday, Peggy and I had done a M&G thing for a sister church. We were a bit skeptical about doing this performance because we had just done the same thing in April. But the person asking us to do it wanted the very same thing. We did the shortened script and I am so glad we did. Their sound system was in and out which made things a little more difficult. Let's just say I am happy to be done with that and happy that we don't have anymore performances in the near future. So as I have to do in this season of life, I had time to recoup.


Nancy and the girls spent the afternoon at my parents. I came over for just a bit because Roy and I would be able to spend time with Nancy and the girls that evening.


Love getting to spend some time with Nancy. She makes me laugh and I love it when she brings baked goodies.


This is Megan and Erin. Megan is busy with a gift and Erin is looking at the camera.


I left my parents and headed toward the Heights. My glasses were in and I was thrilled to be able to see for Christmas! Everything went really well at Eye to Eye and I had about an hour to kill before picking up Roy from the office. I thought about going home but decided instead to shop the Heights. There are several stores I'm going to return to after the first of the year. Saw some really cute things in a couple of antique stores. Speaking of antiques, I ran into Melinda and Tommy at one of the stores. They were looking for trunks. Hit a couple more shops and then headed downtown to pick up Roy.


We met Nancy and the girls at Collina's. We also had invited Dena to join us. She has known and loved Megan and Erin since they were little girls. Dena had to finish or maybe even start her Christmas shopping because her attention has been on her family. She declined our dinner invite but said to call later to see if we could all meet up at a Starbucks or something. Uncle Roy was paying for dinner, what a great Uncle, and Nancy and I were in the restroom, resting, and Megan and Erin were waiting for us. My phone rang and Megan answered. It was Dena.




I should have known something wasn't good when I saw this many calls from Dena. Dena is not exactly a phone person. You will also notice I had an email earlier from our adopted Sister Judiann. Anyway, Dena had been in a fender bender in the Petsmart parking lot. I hope she was NOT buying my Christmas there. Anyway, she wanted to know if we could come over for support. We were off to Mustang Sally, top down and when we got to the parking lot where Dena was, I tried to make a dramatic entrance but think I only took up two parking places. Roy is so good in these situations. He calmly walked over to Dena and mentioned some things she should notice in case something came up in the future. Love it when his legal side shows. We took some pictures and talked with the people in the other car. Once all the information was gathered, agreed upon and shared, we were off to Starbucks.




Roy rode with Dena to Starbucks and Megan and Erin with me. I took this picture as a joke. When I worked at church, the requirement was and is, no two opposite sex people in a car alone, there had to be other people. One time Dena took Roy to work, his car being in the shop and his office at that time kind of on the way to her office. I had some appt or something not to be able to take him. I wrote a note giving my consent to them being in the car together. It has been a joke since that day.


While we were there, Megan and Erin took Petsmart up on grooming. Not really...see the sign in the background?
We are not happy about the fender bender, but the girls were really happy that they got to see Dena. We were taking pics while waiting for our tasty beverages but I didn't realize Roy wasn't in any pics because he was in the bathroom. Maybe I can learn how to photo shop him in.

We didn't get to do our original intent which was going around and looking at Christmas lights. Nancy was waiting for us at The Container Store and she and the girls were making a return trip to The Nord since they closed at 10:00. I did take the back route through Tanglewood and through all the lights on Post Oak. None the less, we all had such a good time. A little less lights didn't make a difference to us.

























No comments: