Monday, December 28, 2009

Phase 2

We have been quite busy with our projects since Christmas Day. We at phase 2. On Saturday we moved my wonderfully large desk to the living room. Roy had to removed the bedroom door to accomplish this feat. At first he didn't believe me that this would need to be done but I was here when the desk was delivered and watched the movers try to move it in without removing the door. Now my desk will need to stay much more organized since it is out here for all to see. The lap top is now located on my desk but Roy is at Micro Center getting another set up for the den. He doesn't like sitting at my desk and I really don't like him sitting here either.

My hope was to rearrange our bedroom furniture but Roy was resisting that idea somewhat. Who am I kidding, he was dead set against it. We compromised on the big rearrangement I had in mind. Let's just say I am getting maybe one or two new chairs out of the compromise. Roy's suggestion, not mine. This also came after Roy had put the lifters under our foot and headboards to raise the bed. Didn't turn out to be the simple job he envisioned. We continue to shred. We also sent a stereo system to Goodwill. We have another box of books piling up for Half Price and we will make another Goodwill trip by the end of the week.

I am on an orange kick. No not burnt orange and well not Tennessee orange...fruit orange. Right before the holidays I bought all different kinds of oranges at Whole Foods. We made a fruit salad with some of them and I am hooked. Roy is too. We stopped at Whole Foods again this afternoon. We ran to Sweet's to have a salad after the plumber made a return to our home.


Last night the Kings and a Monarch made our annual Royal Ride. We started with dinner at Collina's and Mustang Sally was perfect for viewing all the lights. This year I added down throws and think they take quite a bit of the chill off the backseat passengers. We stopped at Starbucks and got some tasty hot beverages to keep us warm as we drove through River Oaks and Tanglewood.


Tomorrow I am getting a massage and Roy is renting a carpet cleaner to go over the well traveled paths of our carpet. He wants me out of here while he does it. I being the good wife, will totally accommodate him on this. We are really doing well on round 2 of his vacation. He doesn't do well without a project, so that seems to be the key. Otherwise he hovers just a bit too much and I get cranky. I know, hard to believe that I could get cranky. :)


I'm excited that I have a couple of new books to read, Sacred Rhythms (rhythm is a hard word to remember how to spell correctly) by Ruth Haley Baron, Treasured by Leigh McLeroy and Primal by Mark Batterson. All look to be very good. Treasured has already been helping me as I face a surprised and unexpected health event. Mark Batterson rocks the casbah on every book of his I have read. His blog always has something in it that ministers to my spirit. Then I have rediscovered some books I forgot I had while going through the stack in our bedroom. Since my vision is back in order, I am looking forward to some quiet reading time. Big blue, my quiet time chair, has moved to a new location in the bedroom, so I am hoping that means a new direction in seeing God. Or when we get the new chair, a whole new beginning. OK, I know the chair doesn't make the quiet time but it sure can help at times.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

have you tried blood oranges? those are my favorites, and they make me so very happy.