Saturday, December 19, 2009

Salvation is Here and Gone...Salvation Army That Is

Gone with the Salvation Army went our big white 80's couch, a queen sized bed and frame, a chair and ottoman, and small end table. What oh what will we do with this extra room? We aren't even buying new furniture or anything. We have been inspired since August to simplify and de-clutter. It is something I have asked Roy to join in but until he saw all the stuff his mother had collected over the years, I had never been able to get his attention. We forgot what was under the queen size bed, so we will probably be making a trip to our BFF, Goodwill. Buddy doesn't quite know what is going on. She keeps going from room to room looking for the familiar. She used the chair and ottoman as a launching pad and a quiet place to take a nap. She hid under the bed and in the summer one of her favorite napping places was the 80's couch in the den/closet. Roy helped the guys move stuff out of here. In fact when Roy asked if he could take a folding table, the guys said, we don't even know if all this is going to fit. Think that is when Roy got really interested in helping them. I've been vacuuming and putting things in a pile for our BFF.


I have always had an infinity for trying to use every bit of space for things. Some would say that by surrounding myself with stuff, kept me from my real and imagined fears in life. That statement probably would pertain to me. I love and loved to surround us in books and things that pertain to books. When there wasn't any money to do anything big in the redecorating department, there were always things like transitional seasonal merchandise to bring a new look. Only nothing ever left when the new came onto the scene. It just kind of got moved around from room to room. A lot of things are here with a purpose and that purpose being my attempt to re-create my Grandma Brownlow's home and the warm, cozy feeling that it had for me as a child.

Roy just came home from Sprint successful in returning our wireless card. That will make the phone bill drop a bunch of $$$. Sprint doesn't have enough coverage here at the condo.


Everything on the list of to-dos has been checked off. That's a great feeling. Next weekend after Christmas, we will be re-arranging some furniture and making a decision of whether we will stay here or move. Well, we won't make the decision next weekend, but we will start moving in those directions. I'm no math wizard or engineer but I wonder if the building foundation could talk, would it express relief at the vast amount of stuff that has left our abode in the past few months.

Just sitting here looking at the living room, there is still a lot of work to be done. Still a lot of books to rearrange and things to give to others or our BFF. Now if I was in the mood to be writing all kinds of spiritual applications on what I have just written, I would. But it has been done by others and done too much. Besides, it is really kind of obvious isn't it the work that is taking place internally. I am glad that there is work getting done in our home and there is a work being done in my heart by the ultimate designer and creator.

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

It has been such a blessing to meet you in blogland...You have enriched my life. Blessings to you and yours....Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many blessings.
Teresa
Grammy Girlfriend http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
and
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

FitzandMolly said...

so i finally heard "merry Christmas darling." in church. i figured it would be bad to grab my phone and start singing to you, but i had to try really hard to resist the urge to text it!