Monday, December 7, 2009

A Night at The Nord and Other Stuff


It has been several years since the Nord has had their customer appreciation night. For several of these celebrations, they have instead given their invited customers an opportunity to make purchases over several days instead of the one night. Both are great ways to be appreciated but I think my favorite is the one night party. Granted this year's celebration was a bit more subdued than in years past. No band, only the pianist, limited appetizers, and the like. Only I don't go for those reasons, don't get me wrong I like all that but I like the evening for two reasons, hanging out with friends and 10 Nordstrom points for every dollar you spend on your Nord card or Nord debit card. The points quickly develop into Nord notes that are redeemable in future purchases. The first year I participated, I went wild, no discipline at all. As the time has gone by I have become more restrained in what purchases I make. I try to do Christmas shopping and regular purchases on this night, now. The Nord night is a very festive and fun evening. Lisa P, CourtneyS and I went last night and we ran into several First Baptist friends throughout the evening.
I was a bit of a Debbie Downer last night. Since Thursday night I have had some problems with my eyes. These little pinwheels of color float all about. Sometimes they look they a lady bug and sometimes a clock. My distance vision is not all that great now with some fuzziness. Hard to read some signs. My old glasses are working out better than my newer ones and a lot of time things aren't so fuzzy if I totally take my glasses off. Although, I have still driven during all of this. Last night Roy offered to take me to Nord night and wait, like a lot of men do. But he nearly killed us backing out the car, so I determined if I was going to have whiplash along with this vision thing, he could not drive me anywhere. I did OK but I must confess I found myself in parts of that parking garage I have never seen. Peggy is taking me to my eye Dr appt today. Hopefully all this can be corrected and I can go along on my merry way.
Dena was back yesterday in Sunday School, she even taught! Afterwards our class had a leadership luncheon. The food was awesome and it was prepared by some ladies in the class. A lunch with deviled eggs, stuffed celery, and olives is always a big hit with me. Everything was delicious and Darlene made this pink JELLO salad that rocked the casbaugh! Dena was thought of in the preparation with a whole crock pot of cocktail weenies with barbecue sauce made just in her honor. Oh and the meeting was good too!
Crunch week for Roy. They have practice every night this week for the Celebration performances over the weekend. Almost all the tickets are sold. It will be exciting and I hear there are some surprises in the performances. Awesome!
We have a new neighbor in the condomanium. Met her last week and she knocked on our door several times late yesterday afternoon looking for a corkscrew. We happen to have one and she came back a second time to use it again for here little party she was throwing. Roy told her just to put it by the door in the morning. He was tired of answering the door. Roy took out the trash a little before 10:00 last night and it seemed like he was gone longer than usual. So I called just to see if he was OK and our new neighbor had stopped him on his way back in. She asked if she could hook onto our wireless network. Uh, no. In fact Roy told her what she was seeing as available networks is only what we use for wireless printing. Roy was happy that I called so he could stop the conversation. She is young and cute and I think she is used to having her way with men. They do whatever she asks. Think she was a bit surprised by Roy because he wouldn't do what she wanted and didn't answer her questions. Don't think she is a casserole lady, she is just looking for someone to do stuff for her. Hey, Chicky, he barely has time for the stuff I need him to do. Think I will just let her have that corkscrew.
I'm happy that I have been able to write this all most pinwheel free.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We're going to Celebration on Friday night. I can't wait since we haven't been to the Christmas play at Houston's First in many, many years.