Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday, Tuesday...

For the most part we are having a rainy afternoon out here in Rancho de Five.  The rain has come in waves with breaks in between.  Some thunder and lightning.  In response to the thunder Buddy has been bringing the sheep out all throughout the house.  Buddy is a shepherd at heart by taking those stuffed sheep all throughout the house.  Maybe I'm the shepherd because I herd them all back to the box where they belong. 

I spent the better part of yesterday in Houston.  I had an appointment and decided to come in a little early to run a few errands.  When I got to the appointment, we had different times scheduled, but it worked out I had to wait around for another hour.  So it was the perfect opportunity to catch up on some reading.  After the appointment I headed over to the eye doctor to have some new lenses put in an older pair of frames.  Then I headed back west.  I even fixed dinner!

So I guess that is why I forgot about Bible study this morning.  Totally forgot and only remembered when I picked up the book we are studying around 11:30.  Oops!  I will have to miss next week because I have an appointment in Houston.  The book has been so good and so informative, for sure I am going to finish reading it.

We totally blew off Implosion at church on Saturday.  Roy really wanted to go to Bible study at the Episcopal church and of course I wanted to do the regular Saturday thing of breakfast out and then do the whole produce thing.  Got some eggs and peaches at the farmer's market and stopped by the produce stand and picked up tomatoes, green beans, cream peas, onions, and a cantaloupe.  A little later we went to old Katy to the market days and got some corn.  We also dropped in at Bill's store and let's just say, we didn't leave empty handed.  We've been needing a hose holder, well actually two of them and dropped in at the old Tractor Supply store.  It has been a while. 

Sunday morning, we worshipped at home.  The sermon was on parenting and I just didn't feel like hearing anything about that.  We thought about visiting a church out this way but decided against that.   We made lunch here and spent a lazy day around the house.  In fact one of my favorite movies was on TCM.  But my very favorite movie of all time, The Bad Seed is going to be on this Saturday afternoon on TCM. 

I'm in a blogging funk.  Oh there is plenty to blog about but I'm thinking that it is for another day.  So right now unless there is more breaking news like House Hunters is fake, writing about my days will have to do. 

No comments: