Friday, December 6, 2013

Thursday Morphs Into Friday

This morning when I went outside it was rather warm and humid.  I was wearing a flannel shirt.  When I came inside, I rolled up the sleeves to be a little cooler and then when the cooler temps arrived around noon, it would be nothing to roll the sleeves down again.  What a difference 15 minutes makes.  When I went back outside to get the paper, the wind felt a little cooler.  By the time I got to Bible study, it was rainy and cold.  So today, I am celebrating my most favorite kind of weather. 

Yesterday, I spent the better part of the afternoon at The Galleria.  Now that I am a prairie girl, the traffic bothers me more than it ever did. It just didn't seem the same without the piano at Nordstrom.  I especially enjoyed the music at Christmas.  Across from The Nord, a condo or apartment project is being built.  At one point in life, that would have been my dream address.  Live across from The Nord?  It would be too much happiness.  But trying to come and go to other places, it would not be so much fun.  Got some Christmas stuff taken care of and then I went to The Fresh Market and loaded up on a few things.  There is a small window of time before traffic builds up almost to the unbearable stage and traffic that is tolerable.  I was able to catch that small window of time to head back to the prairie.  Stopped at Target and Home Goods.  Then hoped against hope that Chris was finished here at the house.

Now it is Friday morning.  Later on I get to get out in all this wonderful weather for a haircut and no I am not being sarcastic.  I am going to enjoy as much as possible these days of blistery cold, but not really wanting the freezing rain.  Just put a pot roast in the crock pot and maybe while I get ready I will sing some Christmas songs.  Or just maybe hum some because that's what I find myself doing in stores, humming along to the music. 

I really, really tried to watch The Sound of Music last night and if you have read Monablog for anytime, you know that SOM is not one of my favorite things.  It was a bad night for TV and I wish I had done something else, but Wednesday night I had a little heart episode in the middle of the night and was so fatigued.  Yesterday, after Bible study, I went to Whole Foods to pick up dinner and a few other necessary items.  I came home, put the groceries away and ate lunch.  It wasn't too long after that I was down on the couch and woke up when I heard the doorbell ringing at 6:20.  It was Roy, standing in the dark with his arms loaded with his back pack and some folders of paperwork.  So I flipped around the channels and finally watched The Bishop's Wife only I wished it was The Preacher's Wife just to hear Whitney sing Joy to the World.  Before finally finding The Bishop's wife, I tried to watch a little of the Texan game...No, it was worse than the SOM.  I remembered that last night was this season's first episode of Mob Wives.  Nothing has changed except there are a few new friends in the mix.  Just more of loud talking, bleeped swearing, and a few physical fights....oh and the justification of said words or actions. 

The garage door sensor is out of line and the garage door repairman is on his way.  Thus, I had to reschedule my appointment with Stevie for a haircut.  She has a rare opening this afternoon and I am so thankful for that.  There were a couple of things I needed to get out in the mail, so I took the brief walk to the mailbox in windy cold temps and a few sprinkles of rain.  Invigorating!

No comments: