Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Quick Catch-Up

Yea, so I have already worked out this morning. 8:45 comes early to one who likes to ease into the day. So, up at 6:30 to get cleaned up and have breakfast before Drew gets here. I feel like my getting ready time is getting shorter and that is very welcomed. The key to all of this is organization and that is not my best strong suite.

Yesterday, I was feeling rather courageous about getting out. Roy and I had brunch at Escalante's and then headed over to Barnes and Noble. We spent a short amount of time there and then headed over to the ATM at the bank and a stop at The Fresh Market. It was probably a little more than I should have done and when you compound all the activity with Roy's driving, let's just say when we got home I went straight to bed and took extra strength Tylenol. After talking with Drew this morning he thinks it was more of an endurance thing than a pain factor and I agree with him. But the rest did me good and that helped me get a few more things accomplished around here, like taking clothes out of the suitcase and getting them put up. I brought clothes more for Asheville weather than Houston.

My Sunday School class from church called me yesterday morning. What a great surprise! It was a blast getting to talk with them and hear their voices. I have never fallen in love with a class so quickly as I have the JOY class. We have lots of fun and laughs but they are the praying-est group of women who care deeply. And bar none the best cookers and bakers I have ever met. My gift is teaching them to use your grocery store deli counter and when asked did you make this, you respond I made the trip to get it. Gale, our teacher, is great and so is our co-teacher Judy. They bring great truths from God's Word each Sunday. I usually draw the short straw and sit between Inez and Velda, so that Velda will behave. Hope whoever has drawn that task is up to the job. I am really missing my mountain church.

One of my favorite devo books ever is Solo: The Message NT. Instead of spending a day with each one, I spend at the minimum a week because there is so much to ponder. Right now day 75 has my attentions Wide-Open Spacious Life based on 2 Corinthians 6:1-13.  This is the part that is pulling me in


11 Dear friends in Corinth! We have spoken frankly to you, we have opened our hearts wide. 12 Any constraint you feel has not been imposed by us, but by your own inner selves. 13 So, just to be “fair” (I am using the language of children), open wide your hearts too. Complete Jewish Bible


11-13Dear, dear Corinthians, I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!


Your lives aren't small but you're living them in a small way.  Ouch! Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively! Ouch Ouch!

I never came back to the blog yesterday so I will continue these thoughts on a later post. I had planned to sleep in this morning but I woke up rested and I only had to make one trip to the bathroom in the night. That my friends is success! It is also the first night my hip didn't hurt when I moved in bed. That is huge! This morning I have already done a series of the exercises we worked on yesterday.

Geni came over yesterday with lunch. We had so much fun and had a wonderful visit. Chopped salad and gelato for lunch...delicious! She brought me the most beautiful cardinal picture.

Roy stopped by CVS before getting home last night and somehow he got my meds for free. He's a charmer when there is a long line.

No comments: