Sunday, June 29, 2008

A John 21 Kind of Day

I totally had a John 21 experience this morning. No, I didn't go fishing and no one cooked me breakfast. It wasn't a conversation involving lambs and feeding them, it was John 21:18.

"Truly, truly, I say to you when you were young you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old; you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go."

OK, I read where the term Perfect Storm is totally passe...but this morning, it was the perfect storm. Got up around 7:00, had breakfast, read a bit and it was time to get ready for church. Before getting in the shower, I drank some of this Spa de-tox mixture that I am currently on day 3. You know to get rid of toxins etc... 32 oz a day of the mixture and an additional 32 oz of water. Mix in poor choice of breakfast food, too hot of shower, knee pills that make me dizzy sometimes and the detox mixture = woozy, dizzy, think I am gonna faint type of morning. I could not stop sweating and after the least little thing, I had to sit down. I decided I was going to "gut" this thing out. Roy was ready and had no idea of my process. I am sweating bullets as we get into the car and immediately I turn the A/C on Max. Froze Roy out... We get to church...don't even think I am parking off site today...and we begin walking toward the CLC when I grab Roy and say, I think I am going to faint. We take two more steps...Roy, really, I think I am going to faint right now. He grabs my hand and says we are going to take little steps into church. So there he is, holding my hand and we walked together like a little old couple. In fact Bill and Peggy met us and started laughing at us and when they saw me, white as a ghost, sweating bullets, and barely moving they knew it wasn't fun and games. We headed straight to the second to last back row where I gained my composure and cooled off. I felt compelled to stand for all the America songs but that is about it. The John 21 verse was going on inside of me.

After the service, it was a journey to the third floor. Luckily I have friends in high places cause when the Coke machine said it was out of Diet Coke, I went to Linda Sproule knowing there are at least two more cold ones left when that happens. Peggy came out of class looking for me. She thought I must have had an episode on the way to class. We came in right at small group prayer time, of which I have no clue what we were small group praying about.

We went out to lunch with the Bain's after church. I came home and downloaded some of Dena's pictures from the trip and then took a big ol' nap.

Still feel a bit dizzy but I feel much better than I did this morning. Must have been some wild toxins to get of today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are better and glad to see the whole post- It appears you called things as they are...that sounds like it was a Perfect Storm...try to put some time between activities and de-toxin tomorrow!!!!

jené said...

As a nurse I have to tell you not to mix chemicals in your body. Even though the detox is mostly herbal it can interact with drugs you are prescribed. The other thing you should know is when you feel faint, sit down. At least then if you faint you do not have far to go. Lastly, God rejoices when you worship and praise Him in fellowship with others, but He does not expect you to do so to your detriment. Just because the doors are open doesn't mean you need to be there. I don't think you would abuse that choice so take better care of yourself. You are a gift from God to those around you. Treasure that gift the way we do.

Michelle said...

dern...that is not a good feeling and for sure fainting is terrible! i am glad that you did not get to experience that and good Linda came to your rescue! (high places as in the second floor?)