Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Few Happenings This Week

It is already Thursday. Where did this week go? They say when you get older time really passes quickly. It is so true, even thinking that it is already August. I decided the time is going by so quickly because I am enjoying time so much more. Being retired, I experienced all the wonderfully full days of spring, most of them with the top down on Mustang Sally. Even these hot summer days haven't been bad. Well, that's because I choose to experience the majority of the day in A/C.


Buddy rips the face off of every stuffed animal toy she has. It is a bit disconcerting because Buddy attacks my head on a regular basis. Not so frequent now though. I'm thinking I might better be concerned. The other morning as I walked down the hall I noticed eyes, whiskers and the mouth of her favorite bunny were strewn randomly about.


I'm enjoying the extendomatic birthday celebration. It is fun to keep on celebrating even after the fact. Oh, I didn't mean to seem like I didn't want anyone to know my age. I am happily and proudly 55. I just didn't want that to be in a title and of course on the 4th early on, I was in denial. Roy and I didn't go out for dinner Tuesday night. I was still so full from lunch with Lisa P. Dang, J Alexander's is good. We may go out tonight, but I am meeting Cris after 1:00 for lunch at Grand Lux. Roy said this morning, you aren't going to be hungry tonight and he is probably right. Cris was my first tennis partner and we played at The Met, club not church. Anyway, we are both hard hitters and both being about 6' we scared a lot of players. People would duck and not look to call a ball in or out. They would ask us, was that ball good? We always responded it looked good to us whether it was in or out.


Choir was a blast last night. Think there was 169 in attendance. The room was packed and voices raised. Total Praise was such a joy. In fact, that is one thing I love about John Bolin, when a song has been sung well and it has been joyfully sung, we sing it again. Such fun! I sat by Marcia Looper and Cindy Robinson, so I sounded good last night. :)


Tuesday night I had a little bit of a scare. My heart went out of rhythm. There was a long pause, or it seemed so to me, after the 4th beat and the beginning of the next beat. I remembered to go take some aspirin if that happens and if one is good, two would be better, so that is what I did on my self diagnosis. My heart settled a bit and by morning, the beat was almost back to normal. I sat there in the night wondering if I should awake Roy so that he could take me to the ER. Roy and the dark of night is not a good combination. He does not come out of deep sleep prepared to take on an emergency. Well, none of us really do but some begin to know the seriousness of the moment quicker than others. It wears one down with an irregular beat and I was tired almost the whole day. I decided to go do a light workout with no cardio and I encountered a few dicey moments, but nothing worthy of the staff pulling out the paddles and yelling clear. I called my cardio office and after hearing about all the factors that led up to the episode they said I had gone out of my parameters and I better get back to the boundaries I know I have to live within. If I have another episode this week, I am to get myself in there pronto smonto. I've decided to get back within my boundaries pronto smonto.

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

Mon...not good. Take care of yourself, please!

Ali said...

Get back inside your boundaries woman! Now!