Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things That Go Bump in the Night

Last weekend I hung some pictures over my desk. I got this brilliant idea to use some stick on stuff, you know the kind of stuff they like you to use in dorm rooms to hang pictures. So this one picture has been doing alright until Saturday night. Me in my kerchief and Roy in his cap had just settled down for a long winter's nap...oops, too early for The Night Before Christmas. Anyway, all three of us were tucked in and all snugly asleep. When it happened. This little picture falling from the wall made a tremendous, scary boom. Buddy who was curled up on my arm, dug into my skin to launch herself away from the bed. I look like I have vampire bites on my arm and I notice that I am bleeding profusely. In this same instant, Roy is jumping out of bed thinking someone is breaking in the front door. So he picks up the spray bottle that we use on Buddy when she misbehaves and he runs toward the living room. I am now adjusting to the semi dark and realize that picture has popped off the wall and thus the commotion. I am trying to get Roy's attention that we are safe but that I need bandaids, stat! He goes to the other room to get a bandaid out of his wallet. Of course by this time, our bed looks like someone has been dismembered in it, ok my pillow looks that way. It just isn't as dramatic. Roy looses interest in getting me a bandaid and brings me a wash cloth with the instructions of just apply pressure. He takes the pillow case and runs cold water on it and climbs back into bed. He is snoring in a matter of minutes. We calm down and go back to sleep but Buddy is still jiggy with it. She won't calm down. So she was banished from the bedroom until I heard her throwing herself against the bedroom door around 1:00 am. Got up, let her in and she settled down beside me again. She still had the ya ya's and nipped my thumb. I quickly reached for the spray bottle but Roy had left his weapon of choice in the living room. So, instead of disciplining the cat, I looked at email on my BlackBerry. This gave Buddy time to calm down and before I even finished reading, she was up against my back wanting by gones to be by gones. I settled in to go back to sleep, wash cloth on my arm and less one pillow. Roy was snoring and Buddy was purring. All in all just another normal night in our household.

3 comments:

Laurie M said...

Happened to us as well...although it involved velcro and a picture over our kitchen stove top. Although Tray was armed with a bit more than a spray bottle...

Anonymous said...

"He goes to the other room to get a bandaid out of his wallet."

For real? Roy keeps bandaids in his wallet? That's hysterical!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I have had many pictures fall....the sticky stuff, too small a nail, and on and on...your posts always give me a good laugh....