Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Please, I Need Priiittty, Prriiittty Feet

This morning I realized I haven't had a mani/pedi in quite some time. Even though I am wearing closed toe shoes to the funeral, I figure getting the dead skin off my feet will make my dress shoes fit better and may be a little more comfortable. Yea right... This info did make Roy laugh. When I talked to him this morning, he sounded like he had a hangover...not that I know what one of those sound like...


So after running some errands, I stopped in a neighborhood nail salon. Actually, Dena had told me about this one and she was very happy with it. I hit a lull time and was able to get in the spa pedi chair right off the bat. Since most of my mani/pedis have been at The Nord, I was trying to pay attention to everything going on. Because slight hearing loss in left ear and fast quasi English is not always a good mix.


I think the two techs were talking in Vietnamese about my horrible toenails and the lack of a pedi in quite awhile. I could just feel it and of course they did a shout out to their friends about it. Vicke, who was doing my mani asked me if I had picked out my colors. I pointed to the nail polish by Holly. She said, why you go matchy, matchy? No one does that. You too nice to be boring. So, she went back to the front of the shop and brought some color in kind for me to choose from. I went with the darker shade on my toes and lighter shade on my fingernails. Holly looks up from my feet and says, why you go around with bushy eyebrows. You want me to wax? Only $10.00 more. She was right, since Charles left the Nord, I hadn't found anyone that I liked. So what the heck? This is much cheaper than Nord.


Before doing my nails they asked me to pay. OK, how do I divide out the tips? Just put them separate. OK. Well, since they weren't finished and I didn't know how the rest of the session would go, I tipped well. Once I put down the tips and signed the receipt, they looked at it and went all happy Vietnamese language on me. Good! I left loving my mani/pedi.

Of course it made me think of this...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o&feature=fvw#watch-main-area


I ran into a neat little shop next door. He has some of the best gift items. Then I went to Collina's for late lunch/early dinner. I was the only customer in there. It was very nice and quiet. I took a book to keep me company.

Looks like it is going to rain. Maybe I should grab a quick nap before I begin pulling everything together for Shreveport.

4 comments:

Laurie M said...

Make you priiitty like cheerleader.

I had a salon that would have waxed me bald if I had let them. I had REAL high self-esteem when I left that day..NOT

FitzandMolly said...

We're still praying for you. much lerve.

Ali said...

The last eyebrow wax I has was a disaster! As for my feet, nobody gets to touch those!!

Jennifer said...

Did you go to VV Nails?