Monday, August 17, 2009

Four Brothers and a Funeral

We are home. I returned on Friday evening and Roy returned on Saturday afternoon. It was a wild, long week for both of us, but more so for Roy. Friday was Rosemary's funeral. but before that he and his brothers were taking care of the business side that comes with the loss of a loved one. Rosemary's service honored her God-filled life. In the service about five of her friends told a side of Rosemary that we may not have known about. I think all were blessed by what they heard. All five sons spoke. Afterwards, there was a short graveside service, then we returned to the church for a delicious lunch.

I thought I would post some pictures for now because I am still gathering my thoughts.

Roy and I in front of the "Ride on King Jesus" painting in the lobby of Gateway Church.

This is Alexis and I riding in the limo from the graveside service. She and I had a lot of fun playing with things in my purse and looking at pictures on my camera.

The Monarch Brothers getting ready for their photo op. Jack, the oldest brother, is fixing the tie of the youngest brother. Roy is probably giving advice. He said in his eulogy of his mom, that he was thankful for all the years of a Catholic education. He can do his tie knot without even using a mirror.


Here they are, Thomas, Roy, Patrick, Jack and Mike.




No comments: