Monday, August 24, 2009

Life is Sweet, Life is Good

Over this past year I have purchased several, OK a lot of Life is Good t-shirts. Those t-shirts are a statement from me without having to say one thing. These shirts are like a catch phrase. Pretty good became my catch phrase when I wasn't doing well last year. It saved people from hearing some long boring story and at the same time pretty good reminded me even though I'm not at my best, I am so far ahead of where I once was.

Life is good! A year ago I was beginning a really difficult health time, having a heart attack somewhere on the 22 or 23rd and not even knowing it and life as I had known it was spiraling downward at a rather quick pace. Today, year later, life is good.


The Lord is good! He has given me the gift of time. Roy sent me an online devotion last week all about the gift of time. The thoughts of the author so resonated with my spirit. God has given each of us extraordinary power to create beauty and transform the world through our daily work and ordinary actions. I read that sentence this week as I completed reading 200 Pomegranates and an Audience of One. Shawn Wood goes on to add, Even if your contribution seems to go unnoticed by others, you can rest assured that God sees and values your work. I've written before that I try drawing something about once a month to see if God has resurrected a dormant gifting in me. So, if you need stick figures, I'm your girl. Even if I can't draw or sing, God has equipped me to be an artist with all kinds of skills to influence my sphere of the world.


This morning I went to my early morning workout, that used to be sparsely populated by just me and heavy duty workout girl. Her workout is heavy duty, not her. This morning we were joined by an immense crowd of set free moms. I never did get to use the leg press machine, but I'm not bitter. It was great to do nearly 45 minutes on the recumbent bike and end the workout like I always do with the song, I'm Not Tired Yet. It was fabulous not to yell and scream at the idiots out there on the road. Could have been some more set free moms basking in the quiet of their suburban or getting to listen to their choice of music without a DVD blaring from the backseat. Cut in front of me at the play grocery store, go ahead, I have been given the gift of time by my loving heavenly Father. There is that little part of me, maybe the only part of me that is little, that wants to say to them, there was a day and it wasn't that long ago, I would have said something witty and cutting...but now....I chose joy. I chose peace. Getting worked up and angry over stuff isn't worth my life.


Roy just emailed me he is on the bus. Guess that is my cue to pull out our dinner from the play grocery store. Ah, already prepared dinner, another gift of time.

1 comment:

Laurie M said...

I just love you, my sweet friend and Titus woman, Nancy. Yes..life is too short to get tunnel vision. Looking forward to some fellowship on Thurs!