Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Updates on Monday

I guess she didn't want to go and she totally had a breakdown. She refused to budge after going such a short distance. Of course I am talking about our truck, Old Blue on Saturday morning. She just didn't have it in her to make that long trip to the dealership on her own. At least she broke down close to home and close to a street to park on. All this was happening Saturday morning while I was at the LPM simulcast at church. I was furiously taking notes when I heard my phone begin to viva, viva vibrate. Roy was leaving voice mail and emails. I love the whole timing of this. Just as the flurry of messages begin, Beth is talking about texting, Facebook, blogging, Twitters, and all the social networking. Of course she was saying how she loved texting and Twittering but sometimes we become too dependant on these networks and forget about face to face relationships... That was OK,but when she said and you just think you can control situations by using these things, I wanted to tell all those sitting around me, I wasn't trying to control a situation as I was madly texting away, I was determining what I needed to do or whether I should leave or not. And as you are used to, here is a thought distraction that has nothing to do with the subject of an old truck, but did come up in the simulcast. I love this point Beth made about blogging...loves blogging, I love blogging, but she said we are so much in a hurry to blog about what God is showing us, that we aren't taking the time to meditate the message before we are sharing it with our followers and lurkers. Excellent point! This is one of the things that just bugs the crud out of me from those who are trying so desperately to have a named ministry, book and speaking engagements via the blog world. OK, back to my story, I did leave at the break and took Roy some water. Then I headed back to church. Right after I got there, the tow truck was there to take Blue and Roy to the dealership.


Saturday afternoon, Roy came home with our beautiful blue Camry. We still haven't named the car yet... any suggestions? Wow, what a quiet ride! Love it! Great thing, with Roy sticking with the bus, I have the choice of what car I want to use during the week. Score, while only having a one CD player slot, the car has a iPod hookup.


The other appliance in our lives that is heading for another break down...the dryer. Think the heating element is just about gone.


I almost didn't go to the simulcast on Saturday. I had to miss Friday night due to the after effects of dealing with an irregular heart beat. It wears me out especially when it happens at night. My friend and I had planned on going together, but she had to cancel because of a curve ball life threw her way. I told Roy, I don't want to go by myself on Saturday. Beth always has you turn to the person next to you and say things and there is usually a commissioning at the end. I didn't want to say things to a stranger, although she is a sister in Christ, or stand by myself, you know, pull out a mirror or a sock puppet to say these moving and God honoring words to. God is so good, He provided a friend sitting in front of me. Whew...and not only that, but my friend Mary Jane typed up her notes and gave them to me on Sunday morning. What a blessing.


Seems that I want to put words together that don't go together. There is the correct usage of storeroom, therefore, somewhere and everyone but I think a lot of other words need to be together and of course it is grammatically if not total misspelling. Words like aftereffect or well of course now nothing is coming to mind. Anyway, don't know if this is an age related thing or just me being in a hurry. This whole paragraph was so interesting....not! But of course, I felt the need to share.


Did the early morning workout thing today and all the moms who have been set free weren't there today. So, no bitterness at not being able to ever use the leg press and other various machines. OK. do you all remember how I was writing several weeks ago about doing the same old things...no sense of adventure? Even what bank I like to use? Well today, after working out, I went to a different branch of my bank and made a deposit. Very happy with that. My, my, what adventure will be next? I had also written about messing up at the ATM again after not using it for a while. Last week, I put the card in correctly the first time. So there bank employees, I was not your laugh of the day, but I think I make weird faces when I use the ATM.


Roy just sent me an email letting me know he is on the correct bus now and will be home soon. Oh? No wonder we get along so well, we are all about adventure.

3 comments:

Laurie M said...

Tray had a truck in High School named Misty Blue...he used to pick up chicks in it, I guess. Feel free to borrow the name until a better one comes along

How 'bout the Blue Light Special? that's old school KMart, baby!

FitzandMolly said...

does Roy have the habit of getting on the incorrect bus?

Iris is a good name for a car.

becky thurman said...

So nice to hear about your new car. This is funny but I went to the Beth Moore Simulcast in Jonesboro AR but I could not go back on Saturday because I had a funeral at the store and had to stay and do it. I was so sad and even alittle mad. But I sure enjoyed Friday night. I think one of my friends is going to give me notes from Saturday.
I will keep thinking about a nice name for your car....I doubt if "Herman" would cut it. LOL!!!