Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Giving Thanks To Render Unto Caesar

You know the verse in everything give thanks for this is the will of God for you?  Well to be honest on April 14th when we sent in a check for our estimated taxes and filed an extension, I don't know that I was giving thanks.  It was probably more like being thankful that we could write the check but I don't think I gave thanks for taxes.  Fast forward to yesterday.  I picked up the mail and we had a letter from the IRS.  You can't help it when you see that letter, there is a definite sinking feeling.  I thought perhaps it is merely a letter stating they received our check and then I thought oh yea, targeting us for our conservative beliefs.  Wait, we didn't give money to anything political so instead of tearing open the letter in front of the mail box, I waited till I got home.  It was the strangest letter.  When Roy got home I gave it to him....  Now I have to watch the conspiracy theory in my DNA.  You know take unrelated events and make them into some huge deal.  My thought went to my father.  I told Roy I bet he called the IRS Hot Line saying we had financial windfall from his money and that we and the woman at Fidelity were in cahoots since we didn't do anything and all the investigations proved that.  It wouldn't have surprised me at all since he has been in the business of reporting us to anyone who will listen.  I texted my brother to see if he knew anything about this and my brother said he had a come to Jesus talk with our father.  He felt sure that we would get a little relief from the crazy train. Now if I gave into my DNA I could have called my father last night and leave a disgusting message like he did...but I am not a slave to my DNA and calmness prevailed.   Last night I had to let it go, not get worked up and just trust that Roy would be able to find out some info.  He called the IRS early this morning and they were very nice and pleasant as they told him someone had filed for a return using his name and the IRS letter was informing us that they were looking into the return and might be talking with us and others.  Roy called the credit agencies to get alerts set up.  Tonight he has paperwork to take care of with all of this.  When he called me to see if I had seen his email, he told me then.  I had a decision to make, give it to the Lord and trust Roy to take care of it or get all worked up and stressed out.  Which probably would lead to heart events cause stress and heat are the usual culprits to starting something in me.  So I can say I am so thankful today that we owe taxes and filed an extension.  Ah yes, it is a great thing to render unto Caesar.  Or maybe our identity thief wants to pay our tax bill....no, probably not. 

Today, I got my release from my oral surgeon and on Tuesday we start the abutment and tooth process.  Most every time I go to his office there is some major traffic hassle, so today I left earlier than normal.  I didn't want to stress about getting there on time.  I was early, old person early.  Ugh!  Since I had the time I stopped at Three Brothers Bakery for some gingerbread men before going into the parking garage.  When you are old person early, the availability of numerous and close parking places is ample.  So I backed in Sequisha, cause I had that kind of time, among all the Town Cars and Grand Marquis.  We were a motley group waiting for the elevator and by motley I mean we were the halt and the lame.  This is how bad our elevator group was....I was the speedster.  My old person earliness was confirmed by the gentleman with gout.  He was upset because he was late for his appointment...the gout gots him down don't you know and he likes to be at appointments at least 45 minutes early.   I got right in and right out, not even a total of 5 minutes.  I headed over to Target, Fresh Market and Barnes and Noble.  I felt so efficient at all I got done with a quick trip to Whole Foods once I got out to Rancho De Five. 

Last night while watching the news I realized we had totally forgotten to go to the U of H/Rice baseball game in the land of sugar at Skeeter Stadium .  We had bought tickets long before I left on my trip.  Oops....

I better get back to my projects that I kind of left undone yesterday. 

No comments: