Monday, May 19, 2014

What A Great Weekend

This time last week Megan was graduating from college.  We sat outside in the beautiful setting of Fisher Garden and watched as she transformed from student to college graduate.  This morning, Megan sent a snap chat pic of her first day at work.  Lots of change can happen in just a week.  As a very proud aunt I wrote in her card, graduate in four years, with no debt and have a job in her major which is art history, that is a great accomplishment!  There are not too many that can make those claims. 

Roy had asked me to stick around home yesterday because the tech guys for the generator company were coming to install the monitor.  He called around 10:30 to let me know he had the wrong day, they are coming next Friday.  So, I was off to pick up prescriptions, stop in at Mimosa Rose and make a quick walk through at KT Antiques.  Who am I fooling?  I did not do a QUICK walk through.  Since I had just finished the Zelda Fitzgerald novel, I picked up Tender is the Night by F Scott Fitzgerald for $6.00.  I also found large drawers out of a library card catalogue and those needed to come home with me as well.  When I got home I was not feeling well and I took a little nap.  My shoulder and neck muscles were so tight which doesn't happen too much anymore.  After napping I felt better and that was good because Dena and I had plans for an early dinner.  We had lots of catching up to do.  Las Alameda's was the perfect place.  I went three weeks without Mexican food.  I think that is a record for me. 

In typical Monablog fashion the post can cover several days.  So it is now Monday morning.  I get to ease into the day.  The rest of the week I have appointments and such, so today is my one day at home.  I'm looking forward to working on my purchase from Saturday.  Saturday afternoon Dena and I stopped by to see our friend Jenea at her new job with Partners in Building.   After that we headed over to downtown Katy.  On Friday, I had seen a wooden stationer's box with the original wood stain.  It has several drawers of various sizes, mostly on the thin side.  It would be a great jewelry box but my intention is to use it with its original intention in mind since I am a collector of stationery, unique paper and the like.  Saturday morning I worked on clearing a space for this piece and if it was still there on Saturday, I knew it was meant to be.  I did get a little scare because as I went to get the piece, two ladies were looking at it and talking about it but they walked on so I got help to bring it to the register.  There is also a booth with antique mid century cameras and Megan collects them.  So I also returned to get one of them for her.  Dena found a few things as well, so we did a good job of supporting the local economy.  We then picked up Roy and we went to Babin's for a late lunch. 

Sunday is church but no LBS...even our own LBS which means Late Brunch Stop.  But I headed to The Fresh Market to pick up dinner for several days.  Came home and put everything up and proceeded to nap time.  Then it was out the door, pick up Dena, eat dinner and head over to Heights Baptist Church in Alvin, Texas to hear Houston's First Choir and Orchestra in concert.  Other than choir rehearsal, there aren't many opportunities to worship the Lord with successive songs led by choir and orchestra in a concert venue.  But it is not a concert, it is like John says, concerts can be all about performance, he prefers the choir, orchestra and audience have an experience saturated by the presence of the Holy Spirit.  We certainly had an experience last night.  The experience of sitting there, letting the words and notes wash over our souls was healing and refreshing.  I still feel and know the effects of that worship time last night, this morning. 

What a great weekend!  Even the weather was great! 

No comments: