Thursday, May 29, 2014

Just Stuff

We have needed the rain but it is enjoyable to see the sun.  While other areas had much more lighting and thunder last night, we escaped with hard rain and a little bit of thunder.  Nighttime is always an adventure around here.  I thought it might be good to look at the radar on my cell phone which is now plugged in the reading room and I nearly hurt myself as I tripped and hurled forward over Roy's gym bag.  He usually puts in closer to the front door so he won't forget it but last night he placed it by the chair and bookcase.  There I would have been until he left later in the morning but I was able to catch myself and prevent disastrous results....for me, not his gym bag.  I stumbled and bumbled my way back to the bedroom with my phone so I could be awaken every ten minutes with weather alerts.  Yes friends, I have seriously stepped into my senior adult mode at three in the morning with the weather alerts.  There was a day or rather should that be night when I would have just turned over and gone back to sleep not worried about severe thunderstorm, flood advisories or tornado alerts.

Now it is a beautiful Thursday morning.  I heard the roar of lawn mowers and had a small panic attack as I thought it was Abel and crew here to mow and I hadn't left out any money...and I'm still in my jammies.  On top of that Buddy the watch cat wasn't leaving my side and when she is on watch, the ins and outs of the front door become difficult.  I diverted her attention with treats and made my stealth move outdoors.  Yea, I know, I don't make stealth moves...but let's pretend.  With all the rain we might not see Abel and crew today.

The past few morning whether rain or shine, the birds have been singing their little hearts out.  I love it!  When I'm filling the feeder a little mockingbird sits on the fence and sings for his supper.  The back flowerbed shelters doves from the sun, rain and the ever watchful hawks.  The same flowerbed provided a covered home for three baby rabbits last summer.

I really liked the hair dryer at the Inn at Biltmore because it had three speeds and gosh darn it, sometimes one needs a medium speed setting, just not high or low.  I found the hair dryer on Amazon for the low, low price of $19.99.  It probably won't help my hair all that much, but there is always hope.




No comments: