Friday, May 23, 2014

Leaving a LegNancy.....Legacy I Mean

The end of the week and the beginning of the weekend.  The produce stand opens tomorrow and here's hoping there are home grown tomatoes along with cream peas and purple hull peas.  Yum!

What is it on the days you go to the salon and get your hair cut that the only thing you want to do when you get home is take a nap?  Maybe it was the end result of having Michael wash my hair.  Oh my, he does a great head massage.  Thankfully, I did not drool or if I did my head was laid back and wouldn't trickle down my chin.  I was able to sneak in a quick nap this afternoon.  The generator tech came and installed the monitor on the generator.  I think Roy really wanted to be here but you can't blame anyone who is trying to knock out work earlier on a three day weekend.

Yesterday I met Mimi for lunch at The Nord.  She had never eaten in the Bistro so it was a delight to share that with her.  I was able to get in a little shopping before we met since I needed to get out of the house for Chris.  It also just happened to be Double Points on purchases, so that is always nice.  Several gifts got taken care of and I don't know what it is this summer but I am loving all the chambray linen pants.  Chambray is that cyclical fabric that goes in and out of fashion.  The years that it is out of style is usually when I want a chambray shirt.  So I have learned to buy a couple in the good years so that I can be fashionably out of style in the bad years.  See, I learned something from our study of Joseph in Genesis this year.  Mimi and I had a very fun lunch.   When I got home I saw that I had an email for a dinner invite and I said yes.  Dena and I went to Mimosa Rose and then had dinner at La Finca.  Mimosa Rose is a locally owned store out here in Rancho De Five.  When they first opened it was mainly a lot of college stuff but they have ditched the universities and have really cute clothes and accessories.  It is a very fun shop.  We ran into Pam and her husband at La Finca.  Pam was in my core group this past year.

Roy and I met for lunch today and then he ran a couple of errands.  I think he is looking forward to having the extra day off.  He picked up some ribs for this weekend.  He is also going to help me dead head more roses.  Yep, nothing but pure excitement around here.   Thankfully, we do not have big plans for the weekend....oh there was a day when that is all we or rather should it be all I wanted.  I am content to read and work on a few projects.  I have one I want to begin but I'm nervous about how to start it.  Although they tell you in artful journaling, there is no wrong or bad way to journal.  Thankful that I am not a perfectionist or I might not start anything.

The week I was by myself at the Biltmore was productive in so many ways.  The beauty of God's creation and creatures, not to mention delicious heavenly grits.  But the week held a bit of reflection toward the people God has brought into my life and the effect and legacy they deposited in me.   This is the time of year that legacy gets thrown about with all kinds of graduations but it is a good reminder of those who have left such great legacies and for us to remember to leave one.  Somewhere.Someplace.Sometime....  Then there are those people who God puts in your life that their legacy to you is, don't be like this person.  Learn from their mistakes and insecurities.   We used to sing this song in choir, May Who All Become Behind Us Find Us Faithful and one of the lines is about loved ones going through what we've left behind and I always had to stifle a laugh.  Because you find more laughable stuff than you find faithful stuff.  Or maybe you feel like the faithful stuff has too much intentionality with it and you laugh about that.  I have a Bible that I mark the strangest verses in and comment...really ministered to me or words to live by.  Whoever goes through my stuff is going to say she was a little cray cray when it came to journals.  Oh and pens.  Not so much t-shirts anymore.   The journals not that have been written in but you know bought and stored away for a day.    I feel like sometimes journals need to come home and be rescued by me.  Yes, may all those who come behind me find me fat-full.  You know all the millions of sizes of clothes that you just know one day you're going to be able to wear again....thankfully, I don't have too many of those around.  I have resigned myself no longer to linger...sorry...flow of thought, that I might not ever get back to a size 10.  Oh well, at least I did it once or twice.

AHC formally known as The Military Channel is doing a marathon of WWII in color.  I have seen all of them but it is always good to go back and review history.  What I love about WWII in color they use the same sound effect for marching soldiers.  Whether they are goose stepping or walking in formation...it is the same sound.

No comments: