Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday Weeding...I Mean Reading

It was another exciting day in the dental chair.  The excitement coming from an implant foundation that could have been set better and learning the oral surgeon used a knock off.  Who knew there were such things?  Also the implant rep hadn't brought some major piece of the puzzle but there was a dentist in the building who happened to have just what my mouth needed.     Because of Dr. Geer's, or Carol cause I have known her since high school, attention to detail I will not walk about looking like a half vampire.  She knew the oral surgeon would use the standard abutment and that's when she decided to do a custom one for me.  She even had an implant rep come in with extra tools and expertise to consult with while Carol did the tedious work in my mouth.  After a few detours she was finally ready to take an impression.  It was the really tacky and sticky material and it felt like she was pulling out all my top teeth.  Thankfully, with her patience the goo finally released and my lips were covered with the purple sticky goo.  For a moment I thought about leaving it on because it would be a smashing color of true staying power lipstick.  But if any dust or bugs happened to come near me, I feared that I would wear a montage of stuff in the air on my lips.  So I cleaned up like I was instructed to do.  I go back today for my regular check up.  Our schedules didn't work for the same day type thing. 

Roy comes home today from Washington DC.  The conference has been really good for him.  I think he has attended this for three years and each time he comes home with all kinds of new compliance, Sarbanes Oxley and whatever else he does that I cannot remember info.  A couple of times he has started the conversation with all the technical points that to me are mumbo jumbo and I have to remind him if this doesn't get interesting in the next few seconds, I will be forced to think on other things and just say uh ha at the right time.  When he said the speaker from the SEC, of course my mind went straight to football but the speaker was from the Securities and Exchange Commission.  When it dawned on me securities, of course my mind goes for sa-chur-i-ty and a complicated order.  Roy usually brings home some pretty good freebies of pens and notebooks and maybe next year I will finally be able to go with him.  The first two years my health wasn't at a place to risk the heat and stress.  This year, we were too late in getting early reservations at The Mayflower Hotel for us to go up early and take in the sights. 

My appointment today was moved up to an earlier time.  Teeth cleaning isn't my favorite thing but it was enjoyable because the hygienist made it fun.  Roy's flight time moved up so he will be home earlier which is really wonderful.  Now I have a few things to do to get ready for Chris and so that Roy won't think I lived slovenly while he was in DC.  Dishes get put into the dishwasher but not as quickly as usual.  

There have been articles on TBR piles of books and why we book lovers shouldn't feel guilty about have a huge stack or the fact we keep adding to the stack.  This summer I plan to do more reading.  I read a lot already but I want to be more intentional about it.  And I have those summer reads coming in beginning at the end of this month and throughout the summer.  I did let my subscription to the New Yorker lapse.  I couldn't keep up and soon there would be stacks of magazines. 

It is the time of year I start making those last trips to certain stores before school lets out.  Summer vacation will be here sooner than later. 







No comments: