Monday, May 5, 2014

Nothing A Little Nap Won't Take Care Of

I can't believe I ate the whole thing...well actually, I didn't but there was a day.  This morning I awoke refreshed and ready for the day.  I had a slight change in plans but nothing that wasn't doable.  I got my laundry turned in before 8:30 so I should have it back this afternoon.  Had breakfast and got to talk with Edward a bit.  I took some time to read and then I headed out the door back to the Asheville Mall.  I went to Belk's and Dillard's...and of course back to Barnes and Noble.  I found some shoes at Belks and capris and a shirt at Dillard's.  It has been a while since being in a Dillard's and it will probably be a while before I go back.  After shopping for a bit I decided to go toward the farmer's market and see what's out that way.  Truthfully, I have no idea because I stopped at The Moose Cafe and I didn't go anywhere else.  Southern home cooking at its best.  I did the friend chicken breast, mashed potatoes and yellow squash casserole.  Came with biscuits and cornbread....yum yum.  I purposely didn't eat all my lunch because I wanted to save room for strawberry cobbler.  I have never had strawberry cobbler and it did not disappoint me.  It was delicious!!!  I got back to the Inn and I am feeling a nap coming on.  I have not napped one time since being here.  That might be a record for me.

There is a lot of good people watching and it keeps me entertained.  In the lobby here or in the library or on the Veranda, there is always a story to watch.  Yesterday, after I arrived back here from church and exploring, I had lunch on The Veranda.  Rocking chairs and good food, you burn calories while you eat.  Anyway, at the table behind me two friends were not happy with one another.  Really, the one lady was fortunate to have the one friend she was with.  It was painful to listen to because it was more snippy than mad.  On top of not going to the gardens, she was mad because she had left her coat at the airport and no one could find it.  Some of the older couples are fun to watch because you can see the ones that still think the other one is tops and the other couples where they just seem to tolerate one another.  Unless both of us wants to read at the table, neither one of us will read if the other one prefers not to.  I cannot tell you how many women sit at their tables with the husband hidden behind a USA Today.  I was talking to a couple on the elevator this morning and the gentleman mentioned they were leaving and if we heard wailing and sobbing in the parking lot, it was him.  I told him I call that last drive out the trail of tears.

It was good people watching at church yesterday too.  The stereotype's are evident everywhere, the power couple, the woman who is used to everyone doing what she says, the militant usher and a few Beth Moore wanna be's.   I would find my place as a cynical one with a sense of humor.

I am trying to get some writing done on this trip, besides my journal and blog, and I am doing ok.  I have been reading a lot too.  It is so easy to entertain myself.  

This weekend there was some group that was here for a conference...they were really loud.  I asked someone about them because I had told Roy last night I thought they were some kind of venture capital group....not too far off, a cultish like group who practice the law of attraction or something like that.  They should learn to use their inside voice both inside and outside.  I survived last night with both rooms on either side of me with children.  They were all so loud during the afternoon but all the swimming must have worn them out.  Not a peep last night.

Tomorrow I am planning on going to the Charles Heath Gallery in Bryson and go back to Waynesville...excellent....party on Waynesville...party on Garth.

No comments: