Thursday, October 23, 2014

From the Prairies to the Mountains

It is finished, the process is over...it is finished there will now be the store. Now to go to the Nord. It's actually official, the transaction has been recorded, wire transfers complete, checks have been cut and we are now owners of two homes...officially.  Whew, what a process and even yesterday after signing here, here and here and initialing here, here and here with a few scattered date this here I was cautiously optimistic that every i had been dotted and every t crossed.  This morning Roy received an email asking once again to provide the account statement that showed where the money was transferred from, so I guess they were saying show me the money!  He faxed it to the attorney's office and we received written confirmation and then phone confirmation that the house is ours and well I guess the banks as well.

Honestly, the past month and a half time-wise has seemed like an eternity.  I think adding to the seemingly slowness of the days has been all the twist and turns in the process in the paperwork.  Appraisal, inspections and such were done so quickly and with good reports.  Then the whole tax ID theft and fraud slowed the process and almost made it come to a halt instead of a pause, then thankfully, resume speed.  We asked for two due diligence extensions and the seller graciously extended that to us.  We had to totally change over our insurance provider in order to take advantage of discounts by bundling policies.  It seems this past month has been extremely busy for Roy at the office and I have been dealing with a small heart issue that has been more of a nuisance than of great concern.  Those middle of the night out of rhythm issues....isn't there an El DeBarge song with similar lyrics?  Oh yes, it is the rhythm of the night.   Stress related although I have remained calm during the whole house process...maybe the stress was due to dealing with fear.  And then putting fear in its proper place.  Also, the cold medicine I took contributed to the events too.

God Bless America, land that I love....From the prairie to the mountains...  Well that is how we have to sing it because we are going from the flat prairie lands of Rancho De Five to the mountains of Western North Carolina.  Talk about extremes, but we are perfectly happy with that.  So now I can write of other things but I will still write about the adventure and timing of beginning on a new journey.  I have not written of this and I won't now but I sense that God is confirming what He has put into my heart to serve Him on this new adventure and chapter of life.  I am energized and excited about it and will continue to use the days ahead for clarity, wisdom and service as we pray and lay the foundation.  During the time in August I saw with new eyes how I have lost the vision of my calling both by circumstances and by the opinions and decisions of others that are beyond my control.  I want this season of life to be marked and known as my Psalm 92:12-15 time.

Yesterday, after I dropped Roy off at his office downtown, I headed over to church with a gift for some friends.  While there, I dropped in the Education or Ministries Suite or whatever name it is called today, the growing room...the greenhouse....I dropped in where I used to work with seeing CourtneyS specifically.  I learned that my name had been bantered around earlier in the day...in a good way, thank you very much.  Ah the legacy of laughter...  On the way out I saw Pastor Gregg and Stephen Smith in the narthex, vestibule, lobby, connection point...welcome center...the room with the comfy chairs.  It was great visiting with them for just a few minutes.  This also was my first opportunity to see the water wall and cross up close.  Beautiful!

This morning as I looked over my homework the thought came to me, Jesus called us to be fishers of men and women, not fishers for information.  Lots of fishing going on these days in both categories but the fishing for info has me amused.  If you have a question about this house deal, ask me.  But I will offer this info, Roy and I have grown even closer through this process and fun of looking for a house.  We are not getting a divorce, we are more in love today than yesterday....but that is until tomorrow....  Oh the old ADD song wise is all over the place tonight.

There is more to write, but my eye lids are drooping more than usual, so I will sign off for now.  But I will leave you with a song, yes another one.... our house is a very, very fine house....with two cats in the yard, life used to be so hard.  But everything is easy cause of you....la la la la la la, la la la la....


No comments: