Thursday, October 16, 2014

We've Been Approved!


Yesterday, at 2:20 pm I was working on the pantry when the phone rang.  It was Roy, he asked me what I was doing and then just had a general conversation about his arrival home later than sooner.  Before he hung up he asks if I am sitting down?  No, but he told me I should and that's when he told me we had been approved, the house was to be ours.  I was stunned and silent with deep joy, not that I didn't think we wouldn't get the house but these days a misplaced comma seems to be able to deter you from getting a mortgage. Well, ID theft is more than a comma, but we are so glad to have that settled enough to get approval. When we got off the phone, there were no fist pumps or jumping up and down...but grateful thanks to the Lord for His blessings and wisdom going through the process.  Thankfulness for a home that we absolutely love and didn't even think we would come back to Rancho De Five with an offer accepted when we left in September.  A little farmhouse, not on a farm, but in the rolling pastoral valley with long range mountain views in the distance.  Feels like the country, but close to Weaverville and just about 23 minutes into downtown Asheville.   Closing looks to be next Wednesday.

So I have found a couple of new shows to watch, Southern Justice and Smoky Mountain Money. Southern justice takes place closer to the Tenn/NC/Virginia border areas.  The counties are more northeast from where our home is.  One thing for sure, there are a lot of places to hide on the dark back roads of the mountains.  So glad for that street light on our road in front of the house.  Then Smoky Mountain Money is about ginseng hunters and believe me, I do not want to be back in the mountains hiking...ever....or digging for ginseng.

After we close comes the busy season for me.  Roy has been in the midst of all the prep and closing paperwork and I will need to see about movers taking some of our furniture that way and if we order furniture here and have it delivered and then take it up there.  I know Roy and I will make several trips up there before spring.  It is overwhelming to think of the months ahead, but overwhelming in a good way.




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful!

FitzandMolly said...

congrats, mon!

Geni said...

Praise the Lord! And pass the Amish furniture catalog! :) Congratulations, friend! God is good!