Saturday, July 7, 2007

07/07/07

Good Morning. For those of you who don't live in Houston we are experiencing sunshine. We are beside ourselves not knowing what to do. In a little bit I need to get out and run errands, but I have been trained well, I will bring my umbrella with me.
Today is considered a lucky day to get married. I was just talking with Lisa P and we both agreed it has nothing to do with a lucky date, cause that isn't going to help anything when you get into the marriage and you actually begin acting like yourself. But honey, we were married on the luckiest day of the year that is why I am asking you once again to throw your socks and underwear into the hamper. That is what that large wicker deal is in the bathroom. It is not to hang towels on.

I am kind of sad this morning. I have been off from work since Wednesday and this was my last day to sleep in. I am going to miss easing into the morning and actually starting the day after noon. Wonder if I can talk Jason into this schedule, but I would still want to leave at 4:30.

Yesterday was a totally fun day. Spending time with the nieces is always fun. Erin is Nancy Mon Jr. Megan is stinkin' funny with her dry sense of humor. When they first began visiting us we always made a trip to Barnes and Noble for books. As they grew a trip to Sweet Tomatoes was always the plan. Such sweet memories of teaching the girls Tommy Tomato and other fun with vegetables. It is an Aunt's duty to teach such things. Now we share the love of all things Nord.

While Erin was trying on shoes, Dena found a pair that she loved. It is the very same pair that I blogged about in May. He Wasn't Elsie the Borden Cow This post includes a picture of the shoe I saw online and LOVED and even put them in my shopping basket knowing I would never buy them because of the 3 inch heel. But, Dena tried them on and she bought them.
Those are some fine looking shoes and even though I am a tab bit jealous, I am glad a friend bought them.
I got a call on Thursday from The Nord and I wish I had let it go to my voicemail. The call was to let us know that Roy's suit was ready. When I answered the phone they said may I speak to Reverend Monarch? Can I tell you what great joy I had in responding, this is her?
Roy has not had a fun fourth week. He is in the throes of quarter close and it is taking up a great deal of his time. Since he knew he would not get home until after 7:00 yesterday, I asked Dena if she would like to grab a quick dinner last night. We went to Los Cucos and treated ourselves to the guacamole they make for you at your table. It was muy bueno! And after a delicious Mexican meal what can be better than a stop at Sonic for some ice cream. The thing I love about Sonic besides their ice, ice cream and drinks is the fact of the interesting characters you encounter at The Sonic Drive In. Maria who takes the orders mumbles and can hardly be understood...welcome back to Sonmmmicc and when she repeats back the order it sounds like she has responded back in an unknown tongue and you find yourself looking around for an interpreter to know the meaning of the mangled words. But the guy who delivered the cherry coke, vanilla diet coke, and the sundaes enunciated his words so distinctly and well so loudly. Dena and I got so tickled cause we could hear the orders of everyone around us when he delivered it. I think they need to switch these two. We even had to do a call back cause I brought Roy home a chicken sandwich. You had to love this guy cause we gave him a tip and he brought it back as change... Dena and I were so entertained by the whole Sonic experience that we could not quit laughing. Add to this that we both had to wee wee like wild women. When she dropped me off I told her she should come in but the home was a wreck. She thought she could make it home. So of course I am trying to get out of her car with all my stuff without stepping into the water and it was a comedy of errors, taking much longer than it should have. Later that evening she called talking like the Sonic guy and we started it up again. It is so much better when one can laugh relieved of the pressure.
So that is the randimondiums of yesterday. I am going to run some errands, go to the Play Grocery store for beverage, berries and beef day and then read all afternoon, maybe with a nap thrown in for good measure.
This just in, I have a Fern sighting. She hasn't been able to get out to the pool and tan because of the overcast days. I am happy to report her toes are wiggling out there in the sun. She must be reading a very racy book this morning.

1 comment:

Dana said...

You make an ordinary day so much fun! I have been off since Wed. myself, so if Jason will agree, I am all for it!

Oh that Fern and her naughty books...