Friday, July 6, 2007

Girls Just Want to Have Fun


These are my nieces Megan and Erin. Megan is on the right and Erin is on the left...that is Aunt Foo Foo in the middle. They are in Houston for a quick visit before they go on a cruise with their mom, aunt and grandmother. We were able to grab a little time with them last night at my parents. This morning we all met up at...you all know what I am going to write...The Nord, with side trips to Urban Outfitters and Dylan's Candy Store. It was a very productive shopping outing. We met Nancy and Dena for lunch at the Bistro. Then at 1:00 we were at the SPA for pedi's.




Every girl has to have great looking toes when you are going to Jamacia, the Caribbean, and Cozumel. I have discipled Megan and Erin in the ways of The Nord. They love The Nord and there is a rumor The Nord is going to open in Nashville. That is where they live. What a great way to spend a soggy, wet Friday in Houston shopping, lunch, pedi's, laughter and fun all at The Nord. My sister in law reminded me she was an early convert to the ways of The Nord. When The Nord opened in Dallas, she was there on the opening day. She was waiting in the Clinque line. Megan was little and Erin a toddler. Erin had asthma and needed her breathing treatment. The line was about 45 people deep. Someone held her place in line while she took Erin to the restroom to do the treatment and came back to the line. That story just warms my heart. She raised those girls right.



You might be thinking hmm...I thought you were the Rev of the Nord, but referred to yourself as Aunt Foo Foo. Well, that is what the girls call me sometimes. When Megan was little I called to her, " Hey, Foo Foo, come here." Megan's feelings were hurt that I didn't say her name and I told her sometimes when I can't remember someones name...I call them Foo Foo. From that day on I had my new Aunt name. Megan is Foo, Erin is Foo Two and there are others that we have given Foo names over the years, but never their mom. Nancy still wants a Foo name and we say No Foo name for you. Really, she has a Foo name...No Foo.












This is Uncle Fancy Pants and the girls last night. He also has another name given by the girls, Uncle Fartlando...but I don't think any explanation is needed for that name. Truth be told he never "earned" that name, they just gave it to him.









Dena, Megan and Erin posed for pictures in the shoe dept. I will have to write a separate post about Dena's new shoes. Let's just say they are drop dead gorgeous and I am going to live vicariously through Dena when she is wearing them. I am just jealous over those shoes. Anyway, Dena has been a good friend to Megan and Erin through the years. I need to scan in pictures from a few years ago when the girls were much younger and they gave Dena a new Do.

Well, it has been a fun day, well mostly a fun day. Getting home from The Nord was a feat in itself. I dodged most of the high water and only hit one patch that was a little higher than I like. Since June 1st Houston has had only 3 days without rain. I was happy to make it home safe and sound.

3 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

we journeyed through the Nord tonight, on our way to get treats from the Godiva shop. i kept my eyes open for you or lisa. i thought for certain one of you would be there, but i guess we came much later in the day.

i laughed out loud at "uncle fancy pants" and "fartlando."

Laurie said...

I've been reading through your archives and I noticed you shop at the Tanglewood pharmacy. You must live near me! I'm off of Fountainview, just around the corner from the YMCA on Augusta. Are we neighbors? :)

Anonymous said...

can't believe how much Erin looks like her dad. They are both beautiful and have sure grown up. I love your names - I will have to try and remember them. Hope they have a wonderful cruise - how come they didn't invite their Aunt FooFoo? Would have been fun!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.