Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 20 The Anniversary Sale at Nordstrom's

This morning I think I woke up with a hang over, not the usual kind from drinking, but from mall marathoning. I hate to even admit this, but I was at The Galleria for 12 hours yesterday. I cannot remember ever spending that much time in one mall for any reason at all. So, let me tell you all about the day, but I have to begin the story on the night before.



It was the night before the Anniversary Sale... The Nord was opening at 8:am. I didn't have plans to be there until 9:00ish. Lisa and I talked late Thursday night and somehow filtering through my tiredness I had concluded she would not be there early and I said, you know I had to be half asleep, that I was getting to the Nord around 8:15 when I meant 9:15. Dang, if she wasn't there early to pick up her pre-sale items and I was still at home. She called me a couple times that morning, but I wasn't able to return the calls until I was enroute to The Nord.



When I hit the parking garage I scored a primo parking place on the first floor and upon entering the store I was welcomed with coffee, donuts and bottled water with labels especially for the sale...Anniversary Half Pints. Ya have to love The Nord. First on the list, go pick up Spanx I ordered and my Laura Mercier stuff. Met up with CourtneyS and made our plans, she was sans cell phone, for lunch. Then I ventured into the shoe dept. Suzi welcomed me and we began a wonderful adventure in shoe land. I had bought 3 pairs of shoes already at the pre-sale and this is rare for The Nord, but the experience wasn't great, heck it wasn't even good. The clerk, which I refer to as Island Guy, was horrible and not helpful at all. Suzi, she is totally all Nord with the customer service. So, I bought 4 pairs of shoes from her...pictures coming soon and returned two of the pairs I bought from Island Guy. Went to my primo parking place and unloaded bags and back into the store. I hit jewelry next and found some great deals. Then I did what I hardly ever do, went to the men's dept and bought Roy 4 shirts and 2 pairs of pants. Then CourtneyS and I had the most marvelous lunch...the best conversation and of course phenomenal food. She had the Risotto and I had the crab cake dinner. We completed the meal with White Chocolate Bread Pudding. Oh and 23 cent coffee.



Refreshed and recharged we both head back to shopping and wrapping up time at the sale. I picked up the clothes I had pre-bought and I actually changed my mind on two jackets and opted with a couple more blouses and some fall capris. All in all it was good! It was now nearing one o'clock. So I made a call to Dena to see what time she would get to the Nord. We had dinner plans and she said 5:00-5:30. Now you know, good parking place, already here, traffic bad around The Galleria helped me decided to just stay instead of coming home then fighting traffic to return. So I checked in my bags at the Concierge in the Nord and headed down the mall. I only made one bad decision the whole afternoon, going to the Rug Rat Macy's there. I HATE that store and yet, I find myself oddly drawn to it. But no more, really, I will go to Memorial City from now on.



I went into stores I don't ever take the time to visit and spent time in the mall "conversation seating areas." It was mostly me and some men, but I enjoyed the people watching. I went through my text messages and cleaned out my in and out box. Moved on down the mall to Eddie Bauers where I found a great sale with an extra 30% off. Went to the next seating area, people watched and then went to the Papyrus card store. Had a blast in there and moved on over to Borders. Bought an ice tea and sat there catching up on my correspondence. Dang, I wish I had my laptop. I always see myself as one of those cool people who sets up shop in a Starbucks or a coffee shop. That is the main reason I wanted a lap top, so I would be free to take it places and write. I have yet to do that. Note to self... After a while, I began to make my way back to The Nord but first put more bags in the trunk. I had planned to go to the eBar and get another tea or something and continue my letter to my friend Beth in Seattle. But, I stopped by the SPA first to see what was on sale in there. Julia saw me. She does my pedicures and helped me with some things and I asked her by chance do you have an opening for a pedicure. She did, so I did. Oh my, what a relief after mall walking. About that time Dena called and we met up in the SPA. After she picked up the shoes she had bought in the pre-sale and can I say her shoes are some drop dead gorgous, kick butt shoes. I am prediciting that by wearing these shoes, she will be married by the end of the year. She is not even a shoe person, but she is becoming one and her life has been changed.

We headed to the Bistro and Lisa texted that she and Kamri were on their way. We sat in the same booth that CourtneyS and I had, only I sat on the opposite side this time. Loretta was working a long shift so she was our server again. Ya gots to love Loretta, she is the best. She had found us some Anniversary pins that are worn by employees. Oh what a great thing! So they met us for dinner. Then Malcolm met us and finished up Lisa's pizza. I had told Roy as soon as Dena and I ate dinner, I would be home. But you know that all changed after a pedicure and dinner. OH, we found out yesterday The Nord serves breakfast all day long. so I had an omelet for dinner. Awesome!!! While Malcolm and Kamri headed for BP, we headed for shoes and jewelry. Once we finally said our goodbye's and I picked up my bags, and left it was 9:15 pm.

CourtneyS and I talked on the way home, she had just had another strange happening, second in two days and knew I would appreciate the story. I did. Then I called Roy and he help me in with oh, I don't know around 8 shopping bags. He didn't even freak, he was so happy I had a good time and a good day with friends. I was able to stay awake to hear about his very eventful day and when I headed for the bed, even Buddy must have sensed I was worn out. She didn't push for fun and games before going to sleep.

What an absolutely fun day. It was great! But other than going to the grocery store today, I think I am ensconced at home for the rest of the day.

I will post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

I hope the pictures include you IN the new purchases - make it full outfits with the clothes, shoes and sandals (so we can see those red toenails), make-up, fragrances, accessories and lotion/potions. Roy can play dress-up too......

Erin said...

This post makes me truly happy. You are so much fun!!