Saturday, July 28, 2007

Travels Around the Globe, in One Afternoon

I have been to Israel, Italy, Jordon, Austria, Germany, Canada, Washington State, Tennessee, Colorado (several times), Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, New Mexico, Illinois and Texas this afternoon. I've been hiking, playing softball, volleyball, camping, at Camp Houston, Pageanting, and at the Bain farm. I went on our honeymoon, travels while auditing, went to my brother's wedding, other people's weddings, and spent some Christmas time with my grandparents. Guess you know by now I have been cleaning out my closet and getting it better organized. I was on task until I hit the big box of pictures that I still intend to put in albums someday. It's a goal, granted an unreachable goal. I saw pictures of people whose name I cannot recall and I also have some pictures of present day friends and acquaintances that I could use for blackmail. The only thing, I am in most of them and dang, the 80's hair style was not a good look on me. I saw pictures of Roy with brown hair. I had almost forgotten what color his hair used to be. We look like such young ones in those pictures. There are pictures of when it snowed in 1989 in Houston. Pictures of our dog Tiff who was named for Peggy. When Peggy and I first became friends, it was friendship at first sight, but we said we were temporary friends. We wanted to see how it worked out. So we called each other T.F. and thus the name Tiff.

I just finished filling up the first large storage container and struggled to get it up on the shelve. I kept saying, I used to be able to lift this much...and then I remember I am the least athletic I have ever been in my life.

I would still be going through all the stuff if I had taken time to read letters I have saved from the years. I didn't feel like crying this afternoon. But I did a quick peek at some of them...letters from my Grandma Brownlow, letters from friends, postcards from travels, and notes from Roy written to me when he traveled so much.

Just had to stop and write for a moment. LMS, I have a couple of really good ones of you.

God has been so good to me with the people He has brought across my path who have loved, aggravated, encouraged and mentored me. For this I am so grateful. This week, Ben the new Adult Minister on staff said, he is where he is today because of people who stop and took some time in his life. I am so thankful for those people of the past and I am thankful for those people of the present. My prayer is to remember to take the time for others along the journey. We never know what little word, laugh, prayer or advice will make a difference. God is in the details.

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

This has nothing to do with your post. I got the shoes from the Nord in brown online. They'd better be good...I'll be sad if they're not!

Lisa Pierre said...

You'll be doing more traveling this weekend, on your birthday!