Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Day of Polar Vortex or Something....

Once again we find ourselves in the middle of the worst ice, sleet, snow, light rain shower of the century.  There are a few liquid drops of potential winter precip on some of the windows.  Word on Facebook and Twitter, the grocery stores have been picked clean of provisions for two of the worst hours of below freezing temps. Fortunately, I had the foresight yesterday to stop in at The Fresh Market after my appointment at the oral surgeon.  Truthfully, it was my plan to stop there no matter what the weather forecast.  You know how it is when you have a remaining balance on a gift card.  I picked up dinner and some banana pudding.  Probably the unnecessary trip to Barnes and Noble would count as my panic buying.  Lord knows, I don't have any to be read books around here. 

Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment at the dentist for a new buildup and fitting for a new crown, for a tooth, not my head.  It was an ancient of days crown and there was a lot of work to do.   I am so glad I decided to go see Dr. Geer, but I call her Carol since I have known her since high school, because she is very good at what she does. Thank you Allison for reminding me she is a dentist.  They had told me I would probably have some pain from the procedure and they were so right.  Glad I have some leftover pain pills from surgery a couple of weeks ago.  She thinks we caught this in time before having to have a root canal.  Ugh!  I'm still a little sore this morning but an improvement from last night. 

Since Katy ISD closed schools today, the decision was made not to have leadership council for CBS today.  Which in turn means, we will not meet Thursday.  I will miss seeing everyone but thankful for an additional ease into the day morning, make that two days of easing. 

This morning I read where at classmate from high school had passed away yesterday from early onset Alzheimer's.  Wow, she and I went to school together and we also went to the same church when we were children.  It makes one stop and reflect especially since she had been afflicted with this for several years according to her sister. 

If the roads aren't iced over we should be getting a UPS delivery today.  It is a chest/table going into the family room.  Once it gets here that should keep me occupied for a while but for now the books are calling out to me.  I will also keep an eye on the bird bath and if the water freezes.  Nothing like a good bird landing on a sheet of ice. 



No comments: