Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Monday Catch Up

Right off, I need to say thanks to anonymous and letting me know the biblical references to the trees especially the comment that had to do with Esther. I really appreciate your obsession. It blessed me today



I would also like to give a little shout out to my cousin Becky. Hey, I got your email today and I checked with Roy, his schedule is clear and I just need to look at my work calendar to see if we can make it to Atlanta.


I love Courtney's blog today...schiskablog.blogspot.com...the vomit blog. It is where all the thoughts converge and there really isn't any rhyme nor reason, but just the flow of happenings under one post. So that is what I am going to do today.



Yesterday, I went to Grace United Methodist Church in Katy for their prayer conference. Lisa led the praise and worship for both services and then the conference in the afternoon. Gary Thomas was the speaker and then we were able to go to two breakout sessions. I went to hear Susan K. for my first session. Susan brought it! She was awesome in leading and teaching us. It was so obvious that she had put in a lot of time, prayer, study and resources for us and I have thought often on her teaching today. Then I heard Karen S. teach, how to hear a Word from God. I had to leave early but Lisa gave me the rest of the lesson as she drove home. I had to leave because I needed to be at First for Cafe Ascend. We are doing that just once a month now. Had live music and additional coffees. Great turnout to visit with Gregg and to do the meet and greet with others.





OK, the blog I could not post had this little insight...catharsis is from the Greek and cathinki is the Greek word for bedpan. I am glad I got over the cynic Friday. The post was on things I am tired of and can't do anything about. Here are a couple of the printable observations.



  • I am tired of shaving my legs and I am not going to stop, but really I would love to give it up. Maybe I will give that up for Lent, Susan. Here is a word, if you are going to be around small children and you wear shorts or capris, make sure those legs are shaved. You know kids, they will yell out...ouch...something stuck me on your leg. Anyway, one of the reasons I'm sick of it is, I don't see as well as I used to and so shaving is a hit or miss operation for me. When I get a pedicure or a massage or have a Dr visit and get the funny look like you missed a spot, I have several responses. My favorite one for the long row that did not get shaved...I tell them I am into crop rotation. Yesterday, when I got out of Lisa's car I looked at the back of my leg and noticed that the back 40 did not get mowed. Man, I thought I had done such a good job...oh well. I figure no one but Roy should be that close to my leg anyway.



  • I am tired of it taking a million years for my clothes to dry. We live on the third floor of a condo and the vent for the dryer goes up. We have had it cleaned out but it doesn't make a difference. It takes so long for anything to dry. We have a system but I feel like the Beverly Hillbillies doing it. We have this hanger type deal so we can hang up jeans and things, but there are times our kitchen looks like the cement pond where Granny did her clothes washing and drying.



  • I am tired of fishing expeditions. Not the kind with a pole and hook, but the conversational kind where someone wants info and thinks if they ask enough questions out of care and concern, you won't notice the fact they want you to spill your guts.

This picture is from VBS. This is Heidi and she came and spoke to the assembly. The Disney movie Double Team is about she and her twin sister playing basketball. I loved standing next to her because I got to feel short. That does not happen too often.







I have good news and bad news on the book addiction situation. On Saturday, I unloaded several bookshelves of Southern Literary Journals. So they are boxed and ready to go onto their next destination. Roy put his Bibles and reference books in their place and freed up some room in the den/closet. Now the bad news, I ordered 3 books from Amazon on Saturday and bought one on Sunday. Roy bought a book on Sunday as well. Our book addiction is not under control yet and I don't know that it every will be... but I thought I would let you know the happenings with that.

This will have to be all for now. I need to warm up dinner. We went to Costco the other night and got some prepared dinners. I am all about helping people who go to so much trouble to prepare food. Bless those hands.

6 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

thanks for the compliment! here's what i think about the book obsession, and about my ever present need to buy more clothing. clear out the stuff you don't read/want/wear any more. if you bring something new in, send something out. then you're not hoarding, and you have more space.

Anonymous said...

thanks Nancy for the comment...i'm really sad to say that i missed the event yesterday...if you look back on lisa's blog you'll see where i actually told her i was thinking of doing Susan K's session...i'm sad i didn't make it..i actually was "out of town" (only about 50 miles) with my sister..it would have been fun and i know i would have benefitted so much from it..btw did you buy thomas' book yesterday?

Anonymous said...

i just rememembered the word Beth used: send became sinned. Can't you hear her? I also was just thinking how this blogging stuff is like talk radio for readers!! LOL! enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Ok, don't laugh at this. A few months ago Richard and I were at Bed Bath & Beyond. He picked up those silly blue dryer balls that look like porcupines without legs...anyway, he decided to buy them and see if they worked. Girl, my stuff actually dries faster! I was amazed. I use them every time...in fact, need to go and get me another set.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hey, Hey!!
I made the blog today. How awesome and I just love how you communicate. I am very hopeful that your schedule really will work out. That would be so cool!!
Don't worry about your book obsession - I have it with music etc. I can truly relate and I never get caught up with dealing with all that I accumulate.
PS I remember well the Kool-aid and VBS as little girls!!!

Anonymous said...

we had same no-dry problem...the building managers investigated and found that the painters had painted the outside vents shut?!!!!