Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Randimonium







What a wonderful welcome home after work today. A little love note from Nordy announcing the Anniversary Sale in July and that I get to come early and pick out sale items before the sale begins. This brings back a good memory of last summer. I went with Lisa P to Chicago for a WOF conference. We each had brought our catalogues to do some of our early shopping in Chicago and it would be shipped to us once the sale began. We even began circling items that we thought would be good for other people...these were just suggestions. We were not treating. On the plane ride back to Houston we didn't read or nap, we talked about the catalogue. Looks like I need to schedule a long lunch on the 11th.


American Express. I just said American Express like it was a cuss word. For the most part I love em, but from time to time they just aggravate the tar out of me. My new card came last week and I came home at lunch to get it activated and I was asking a few questions that did not compromise any kind of knowledge and they told me since I am not the account holder, they could not tell me when or where something was mailed to us...they would have to tell Roy. I thought...do you ever notice who pays the bills and redeems reward points??? HELLO...it's me. I know they are going to say that, but still...it aggravates the dickens out of me.


Someone gave me some home grown tomatoes, so I came home at lunch and had a tomato and mayonnaise sandwich. That was some good eatin'.


We have check in at 8:10 in the Ministries Suite most mornings. Today, our new Minister to Adults/Assistant Education Minister was in unloading some boxes. So, we moved check in to his office and had a great time. Of course we scattered when he asked if we would like to help him unload boxes...we were immediately about the Lord's work at our own desks. I have been hard at work on a promotional piece about him and it has been a long arduous but joyful process. Along with quotes Jason has asked for signatures to go with the quotes...it makes for a really nice look. Getting the signatures, adjusting the piece to new postal regulations, and just getting the finishing touches on this deal has taken much longer than usual.


The Astro's...sigh...what is going on? Like Courtney said...they are killing us. Kind of like Roberta Flack's song Killing Us Softly.


I made reservations for Roy and me at La Cantera in San Antonio today...we won't be going until November, but we got a great deal. Now, I just need to make some SPA appointment time there. I hear the stone massage there is really, really good.


When it rains hard I begin to crave Shipley Donut's. The cake kind. Last night, we even stopped at at Shipley's right before closing to see if they still had some. None, other people must crave them in bad weather too. This tradition comes from my crazy friend Debbie. When Roy and I first were married, he traveled a lot coming home every other weekend or so. Debbie lived by Hobby Airport but worked right down the street from our apt. So, a lot of times she would spend the night during the week and had her own set up in our guest bedroom. So, when it would rain, we would go over to the Duncan donuts on Westheimer and get a dozen. In our thinking if we were flooded in, ya got to have something sweet. We justified this by taking an exercise class at the Post Oak Y. That adventure is a whole nother story. I miss crazy Debbie. I have no idea where she is, but she pops into my life about every 10 years and I am due for a pop in.


Nothing earth shattering happening in our world..except I would love to have this welcome the new dude piece done and off my desk... Good thing I can multi task cause I am spinning about 7 plates right now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy i love tomatoe sandwiches and cake doughnuts....actually crullers are my first choice!! Hope you get to drop a few plates and relax tonight!!!!

FitzandMolly said...

oh my. blueberry cake donuts from shipleys. mmmm. also, the devil's food cake donuts from krispy kreme will make you wanna slap your mama.