Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

Was anyone else out in the storm tonight? Wow, what a display of lightning and wind. I met Dena at The Nord for dinner tonight. She was coming from West Houston and the sky was bright and sunny. She finally hit the rain around Gessner and I sat on Sage in major traffic with the wind blowing and the lightning streaking through the sky. That is the bad thing about a convertible...it is not a safe place to be like in a regular car during a storm. The downpour hit just as I turned into the parking garage. I went inside bought a gift card and then returned to my car to get a book. As I was coming back into the Nord my skin began to tingle and the hair on my arms and yes I have to admit since one of my last posts let you know I don't always do a good job on the legs....let's just say I knew from prior experience lightning was getting ready to strike very close. That thought had just come through my mind when a huge flash nearly blinded me and then the immediate thunder. My insides where still shaking all through dinner which was delicious. Had the shrimp pasta special.




This is my friend OEG with Boz the Bear. OEG stands for Official Episcopal Guy. You see Lee, that is his real name, is a lapsed Baptist. He went all liturgical on us. If you look closely at this picture it looks like OEG has a green do rag on his head or his turban has slipped back off his head. Please do not be alarmed...it is just a part of the whole Boz experience. What does concern me is this, look closely at the sign it says Hell Bo... OEG, this could be a message from God telling you if you continue in your Episcopal ways...you might be Hell Bound or maybe it says Hell Boy... oh...never mind.... Looking closer it is just the sign being blocked by OEG's do rag, but it says Hello Boz... Correct placement of the head is always paramount for picture posing. Thanks OEG for being a good sport concerning all things dyalysis, liturgical and Episcopal.









It is getting closer to Tuesday and the Culinary adventure of Burnt Offerings with Peggy and me. We aren't making a pie, but we will be preparing some wonderful offerings, not burnt. For dessert we will be making spaghetti ice cream. It is wonderful and I think everyone will love it.



Jason saw the beetle that had been in his chair today. Kind of gives you a creepy feeling to finally see something you've been sitting on for several years. It was a bad day for chairs in the office...Jason broke one of the secretary chairs. Guess that is confirmation that he is really called to be a Minister.




Thankyou for all the encouraging comments about the changes on the blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that lady with the pie needs to give her apron to Courtney...It would have been so right for the high tea presentation!!!! Did you go back to "the Nord" for lunch today????

Anonymous said...

Good job on your blog's new "do" Your careful editing shows!! I like the mixture you mention-the dramatic and humorous- i am forever mixing it up, enjoying walking barefoot while eating the luscious blackberries!!! that could be a new parting blessing...May you always want kick off your shoes (no matter how gorgeous)!!! Have a barefoot & blackberries weekend!!!!

Lisa Pierre said...

Hey Nancy,
I just finished reading a week or so's worth of blogs from you and no 'narratives' and I am tired. Just want to say good new blog color/look and glad you're at it and having fun. Also should say that people should not read this many blogs in one sitting! Will try to catch you more regularly again.

Anonymous said...

Nancymon....I just don't know what to say! You make me laugh so much at times it hurts.....and that's a good thing. Your ability to make me(and others) laugh is a gift from God that
I am thankful for. You are appreciated, I hope you know that.
God Bless
OEG
P.S.
I knew I shouldn't have let you borrow that picture....lol..

Amanda said...

When I had my convertible it leaked terribly during rainstorms. One time I was driving on 290 through Waller basically during a tornado and a waterfall of rainwater was pouring in between the windshield and the top. Bawling, I took off my socks and was frantically wiping it all down while trying to stay on the road. We parted ways not long after that. I never knew to be afraid of lightning through the top! That's probably a good thing!

Michelle said...

i was in the garden bookstore when Lee saw your blog. He has some things up his sleeve for getting you back!!