Friday, June 1, 2007

Little Lost Lambs Found a Home
















I collect lambs and these little sheep and shepherd boy are a part of a Willow Tree Nativity set, but here's the deal, I didn't want Mary holding baby Jesus, Joseph or the donkey. Just wanted the boy and the sheep. You can ask OEG but I dedicated myself to getting these lambs. I tried bringing them to the counter and saying there's not a price on these lambs, do you know how much? OEG, who is known for his long suffering patience with me, responded they are a part of the set, so $55.00. I explained to him I didn't want the other pieces couldn't he see fit to just sell me the pieces I wanted. Now don't get me wrong I love the Holy Family, it's just that I have Nativity sets, but I collect lambs. Several agreed with me since I needed to be in my office working, I could not stand down at the bookstore to find someone who would either buy the set then give me the lambs or go in halvies with me and OEG has total access to customers and he could oh so very politely ask them if there was any interest in my proposal. He refused! I almost called his Dialysis Pastor Dr. Rector Father guy to report him, but you know he would be ambivalent about the whole thing. So like a good Baptist I took matters into my own hands. I surveyed almost every person who came into the store, 1. Don't you think OEG should sell me those lambs. I had almost complete agreement except from his boss. Then the eNewsletter came out and there was a 25% off coupon. Girl, I am all about coupons. That brought the price of the set down to $41.25. At lunch on Wednesday I was talking about the set and Kelly, Girl on a Mission, needed just Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. She said she would split the cost so that she would get what she wanted and the little lambs could come home with me. Kelly and I together make a pretty convincing team, so then we tried to get every available discount, employee discount, maybe even senior citizen, but he would only take the 25%. With OEG he is consistent. Then I got to feeling guilty for breaking up the family, but Kelly said when were the shepherds and sheep a part of Mary and Josephs family? Well, Jesus is the Lamb of God and the sheep are probably cousins. He was probably never so happy to get a Nativity out the door. He even put them in the brown paper bags with handles. He freely gives those to everyone but me. He schleps my stuff into a plastic bag, even if I am making a big purchase. It is our joke and it is all done in fun. I was happy I did not even have to coax him to do the right thing by the brown bag. Like the parable of the lost sheep, I kept at it till I found a way to get them home. Welcome home my little lambs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, I did refuse! I am a good OEG,
and I couldn't just sell you the Lambs without the Holy Family!!
But, God is great and He came up with a way for you to have your lambs. I am so glad you didn't contact my, let's see...what did
you call him? oh yeah, "Dialysis
Pastor Dr. Rector"!!! LOL....you crack me up!!!!!
Nancy, you're the best. By the way,
I'm leaving you this message from
BAYTOWN!!!!!
Thanks Nancy, I needed a laugh,
OEG

Sassy Shae said...

Way to use your creativity to give those little lambs a home. :)