Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday

I think it is time for a new font. Come new font of Tuesday writing.

Today went by so quickly. We had a Ministries Staff meeting this morning and I actually had a ministry item to share. That doesn't happen too often. I mean who gets great joy out of the report, I reconciled the AM EX bill today and I am getting ready to do culinary services requests. Don't get me wrong, I know that is ministry but I am more comfortable and better at relationships. I was able to share about Cafe Ascend on Sunday night. There were more people than usually come and seemed like people slowed down their exit just a bit. We had the regular iced coffee and lemonade with the additional flavored coffees by Micah. I don't think there was a drop left of any beverage. I also met several Former Students, that is an Aggie who has graduated as opposed to Ex Students who claim the burnt orange for the Alma mater, for those of you who don't live in Texas.

When I got out of the meeting around 11:00 I was off to a lunch meeting with Lisa, Jenn and Laurie. We had a blast! Laurie so aptly noted we were being observed by two different tables...one who wanted us to be quieter and the other table that wanted to come on over and join in the fun. We shared laughter and some bread pudding... all of us got the Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad and Laurie and I could not resist the crab bisque. I love that we are four women of four different ages, but we share in common our love of the one true God. I think He was having a good time right there with us. Laurie had to leave right after lunch and well so did I. I mean really you don't want your tithe dollars at work at The Nord...or do you?

My cousin Becky left the rank of blog reader and made a comment. Thank you Becky, bloggers love to read comments and know who is making them. My cousin Becky is so talented and gifted musically. She went to Moody Bible College. I don't know if there is an instrument she doesn't know how to play. I of course am gifted with musical ability of the rhythm sticks and I can clang a mean triangle. So now I am calling out my cousin Lois who may or may not be as good as me on the rhythm sticks. :)

I love reading the LProof blog but especially love it when Beth refers to a store as the Walgreen's or the Kroger. Especially love THE KROGER! Peggy and I started using"the" in front of stores for M&G, then Lisa and I started referring to stores with THE... it blesses me, I don't know why, but it does.

This afternoon I took the time to thank God for my friends. I have been so blessed and fortunate to have such wonderful friends. My buddy CM brings me great joy and laughter...he laughs at all my jokes and yet thinks there is some spiritual depth to me. I love discussing books with him and when he comes down from the third floor to our office...it is pure joy. One of my favorite things we ever did was play catch in the choir room. He is right, throwing a baseball does help you think and come up with ideas.

Well, I am off to Bible study. Of course the consistent thing about me and Bible study is...I did not do the homework. Something about homework takes me back to my school days...didn't like it back then either, but it was for grades not spiritual growth.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy....great post! Make sure I can understand your Culinary Services Request - don't want to get it wrong for you!

I, too, also love to see who is commenting on my blog....especially since it gives me a chance to check in on their blogs, too!

See you tomorrow at work!
Hugs!

FitzandMolly said...

i must act as witness. you are incredible on rhythm sticks. especially during worship.

Dana said...

Hey, since you are so talented with the rhythm sticks and triangle, you should try cowbell...some songs just gotta have more cowbell...

I had a Vietnamese friend who would use the word "the" in front of names...especially the important names like The Jesus....she would say, "The Dana loves the Jesus." and I would say to her "the Jesus loves the you!" You just reminded me of that...

that's all..(this is a TOD bit longer than it should be...)

love you The Nancy!

The Dana

Anonymous said...

I have the SNL DVD with Will Farrell playing awesome "cow bells", Nancy - if you need some inspiration! LOL

Anonymous said...

The Nancy.....
You are so funny!! What a nice way to make today fun...I need to try your brain-storming idea sometime soon- "ball-throwing in the choir room"
Isn't today the special beverage day? Can't remember what you called it. Happy Wednesday!!

Nancy Mon said...

TBD...Tasty Beverage Day. We had to move it to Thursday since CourtneyS just works on Tuesday and Thursday. But that is the fun of TBD it can be TBD. I am so glad you are commenting...I am still calling out Lois though. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be a stalker that reads and doesn't comment... So I have to say that I distinctly remember you having some mad ukulele skills and trying to recruit me into your ukulele band.

Anonymous said...

what bible study do you do tonight?