Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Reverend Nancy Mon

Tonight was a monumental night for me, I became a Reverend and this title and honor was not bestowed upon me by the Baptist Church, cause we know that ain't ever going to happen, or a liberal Episcopal or Methodist church...it was done at a very fitting place by someone with an official church name. This all happenened in the men's suit dept at.....The Nord. Yes, it has finally happened, all my praise and love for the Nord got me a Reverendship. It happened like this, Roy needs a new suit for his September gig. When I was at The Nord on Sunday night I looked through the suits that were on sale and I was helped by a very lovely Nord Associate, Toni. I told her I would be back tonight with Roy. While we were waiting for her to finish up with her customer we were assisted in the suits by the manager of the Men's Dept. We found a suit and I have to say Roy looks absolutley hot in this suit... So, I sit in the dressing room while they measured and marked for alterations. We come out and Toni is waiting for us at the draft board with a suit just like we picked out and begins to put ties and shirts together for us to see all the different looks. Then she let me in on what would be on sale for the Anniversary Sale so I can wait to get double points. As we were paying for the suit, the manager is changing my name to Roy's name in his personal book. He begins to laugh and said, well, I just made you a Reverend So now you are Reverernd Nancy to Nordstrom's. He meant to change it to Mr. Roy Mon... Roy and I started laughing really hard and Roy tells them that I work at a church...a Baptist church...and that what the Bapts won't do, The Nord did. I knew the Nord was holy ground for me and since I am the Reverend Nancy Mon I am feeling compelled to spend more time there, shepherding the flock and encouraging those in my fold.



In the words of Whitney Houston,

I love the Nord,

they heard my cry

and made me a Reverend

long as I live

and Anniversary Sales come....

I hasten tooooo,the Nord..... (From the Preacher's Wife)

Oh and the last name of the man who made me a Rev tonight???? Cross. How fitting is that?



The Reverend Nancy Mon...sounds good...hey, wait a minute, I didn't get my ministerial discount!

6 comments:

Sassy Shae said...

Yes! I love it. :)

Dana said...

Awesome! Now what do we do with your Sister Mary Francis of the Blessed Acceleration title?!?!

Anonymous said...

wow. you have gone too far! ;)

i'm so glad you had such a "blessed" night. blessed be the name of the Nord... i mean the Lord!! the Lord might give and take away, but the Nord keeps giving! maybe i've gone too far now...

becky

Laurie said...

Through the wonderful world of cross-linking, I've discovered your blog. I am so excited. But...Reverend...I have a confession to make. I have never been to The Nord!

Lisa Pierre said...

Once again, you're too much.

Anonymous said...

I think today i'm laughing when i'm supposed to be laughing...I love to read your blog.. and your witty and quick commentators have really made me giggle today too!!! Keep Writing, Rev!!(aka mfba)