Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What a Wednesday!


First of thank you Dana for helping me get my blogging friends and links up. She also gave me some other helpful hints and I appreciate her taking the time to show me. So to The Dana I say thank you.


Dana's husband Jesse also works at church had some interesting news for me today. He had taken Jason's desk chair to repair the arm on it. It kept coming loose. Jesse told me that when he was taking the chair apart there was all this sawdust inside the chair and when he flipped the cushion there was a wood eating beetle! He said the bug was big. Later in the morning he brought the bug up in a baggy complete with some of the wood for him to munch on. Of course we all needed to look at it... and if you click the What a Wednesday link you can see what one looks like. When I called Jason to give him the news of the chair eating bug he didn't believe me at first but I finally convinced him. Then he told me to go to the website where he bought the chair and see if there was one on sale. WHAT???????????? From what I read this afternoon this can happen in any piece of furniture or paneling put in houses. So if you hear the crunching of wood, see little holes and find sawdust on the floor....you might have a wood eating beetle.









No, this is no the beetle found in the chair. It is Becky wearing her Boz the Bear ears upside down.
Here is a much better picture of Becky. Becky is a great Admin for the Preschool Ministry and Becky has a heart for ministry. And she is a lot of fun. Roy and I have "adopted" her and she gave me a great Mother's Day gift...5 boxes of single serving Koolaid. Ah, it is a great summer so far.
This is Rae and Nikki. Rae is taking a picture of Nikki's eye but I took the picture just so I could look on Nikki's screen. No not really, we were having a little fun this morning. But, there are those people who are peepers. No I am not talking about those of you who read blogs but never comment, but I am talking about people who are so obviously trying to read what is on your computer screen. It is generally not nice and not good manners or at least that is my take on the whole thing.


I had lunch with Dani and Carolyn today. Carolyn is supposed to email me the pics we took at Red Robin. Dani and I were trying to do our best impression of having botox injected in our lips. I hadn't seen Dani in a long time, she's been busy. She is a designer and has several projects that are taking a lot of her attention. She has taught me so much about presentation and how to arrange things just so. She is a fabulous artist and I have an original sheep watercolor that she did for me and I treasure it. Roy and Scott get along really well and Scott has been mentoring Roy on the fine of art getting the most soft serve ice cream in a bowl. Talk about presentation! We love to eat pizza together on Sundays after church.


I feel like I am just writing a letter, but it was such a fun day today. Lots of laughs and giggles. I think it was partly due to the fact I stayed up too late last night. Bible study was awesome and only one person had done their homework. I love it when we wing it on the answers.



6 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

love the updates on your site! see you tomorrow at work...

Dana said...

I read your post and loved it all (and not cause I got a shout out in it) but really didn't have a comment other than I liked it and I didn't want to be a lurker and not comment so I did comment and now I am not just lurking...

Love,
The Dana!

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog!!! you are a great writer! and i love seeing the pictures of all the things i miss while i'm not there even though they make me sad :(

have a great weekend, nancy!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

The Nancy,
I am so new to the "blog" thing, but I have been enjoying some of your friends' blog entries and The LPM Blog.
I like your pictures and your updates. It is always exciting to come to my computer and see what's up and what the subject will be.
I will keep watching........

Unknown said...

this is what i have to work with sitting next to me everyday! help me!!!!!!! :)