Saturday, June 23, 2007

Note to Self part 2


This is Roy stopping long enough to pose for a quick pic before taking the first load of books to the car. Yes, today June 23rd we went to Half Price Books. In all we had four boxes filled to the brim of books and Southern Literary journals. Just loading these four boxes made a huge dent in promoting egress to all areas of the den/closet. We sold all four boxes of books for $15.00. Wow, what a deal! We promptly took our earnings and went to Little Pappasita's for lunch and that covered about half the price. It was almost as good as a gift card.



Note to Self-the next time we decide to sell books at the Half Price Books on Montrose, we will check the calendar for the Gay Pride Parade. Yes, it is today. I naively thought at first that it was the Greek Festival. We were in the wrong lane and could not turn on Westheimer, so we had to go down several streets to circle back to Westheimer. We passed the Greek church and then noticed streets being blocked. That is when I said, oh it must be the Greek festival, but thought to myself that seemed like a fall event. Once we were on Westheimer and saw all the Pride signs and the rainbow signs...and bleachers set up for a parade, it wasn't Greek to us anymore. We pulled into the parking lot of Half Price Books and the security guard asked if we had business in the shopping center or were we just trying to find a place to park? We told him we are going to Half Price Books and he said well, you better not try to stay in there till the parade cause your car will be towed. OK...that upset me. Since I had been cleaning this morning and filling boxes with books, I wasn't exactly dressed like June Cleaver. See Kitchen Konnection pics... I am in jean capris and a man's stripe work shirt with the cutest blue t shirt underneath, accessorized with blue dangly earrings and a silver and blue beaded necklace. I had on makeup and my lipstick was the cutest shade of pink. I could hardly think in the store. I didn't know if I was more upset that the guard might tow away our car or that we thought we were trying to score a primo parking place for the parade tonight. Then a co-worker Pam and her family came in and we saw each other and compared parking notes. The guard told them the same thing they responded they were just going to the bookstore and not trying to park for the parade and he responded, I could tell that. He could have told us that! Oh well. Roy said the guard was casting aspersions on him as well.




Note to Self-if we ever sell books again at Half Price I am not going to go. We almost came out of the store with more books...and they had a great selection of journals.


Buddy is fast asleep and I could not resist taking this picture of her. I was chasing her with the camera this morning and she wasn't the least bit interested in posing. Attacking my toes was her top priority.

5 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

When you told me this over the phone earlier today I could tell you were saddened. You should have hopped back in your car and gone to see "Evan Almighty" and you would have felt good again.

Michelle said...

Half Price Books buys you some ice cream...but at least it gets the books off your shelf!

Anonymous said...

nancy, i'm still laughing!!! i would have been just as upset trying to figure out which got me more upset...and to top it off...casting aspersions at Roy!..come on just look at that shirt..i'm still laughing...funny funny post...you do have a ball on this planet don't you! now i'm looking at lisa's post and seeing that you were sad....you have definitely turned that around 'cause when you read this..it is pure comedy!!!! Like Lucy and Ricky with fred and ethel!!thanks for making me smile!!!

Anonymous said...

ps...i meant to say:Buddy is so cute I'm glad i finally saw her picture!

Anonymous said...

ps i still feel bad that you were saddened and i missed it in your post...i think it was because you were so gracious to the police officer....had you been unforgiving to him your inner upset would have been Very Obvious!!! See what kind of confusion a forgiving heart can cause!!!!! Emjoy your day!!!