Friday, June 29, 2007

A Visit with my Staff Last Night

Since I am now the Reverend Nancy of the Nord, which has a nice ring to it like St. Francis of Assisi, I went to visit my flock at SPA Nordstrom last night. I came in limping and feeling the new onslaught of a cold. I was limping because Wednesday night I was putting up the laptop and tripped over a box that Buddy loves to play with. Well, come to think of it, more like a fall than a trip. All I could think of was "save the laptop!" Roy said, the laptop is insured and I can get another one, but I can't replace you. Thought that was really sweet. Anyway, the fall shook me up quite a bit, probably damaged my pride more than anything. I have always been athletic and at this point of my life, I am the least athletically involved I've ever been. Athletes don't trip and fall over a little box. I am also fighting off the third cold since January. I hardly ever get sick, but this year has been a different story. I stayed home yesterday from work because I woke up aching from the fall, with a groggy fever type of headache and a sore throat. So like all good Rev's, I went to the congregation for encouragement and healing...I so found it there at The Fellowship of the Nord or Nordpointe or how about Nordyback or Nordycreek or maybe the best of all Nordwoood.

I just lost my post about everything that happened last night. I saved it and now it is gone. I don't have it in me right now to rewrite the whole thing. Maybe I will have the energy to do it later. It was dang funny if I say so myself. I gotta take a nap, this has exhausted me.


4 comments:

Erin said...

I just discovered your blog via Laurie's, and I was so excited that the first post I read was about SPA Nordstrom. I, too, am a fan! Can I be one of your deacons? :-)

Amanda said...

I thinking First Irving...First Nording.

Nancy Mon said...

Welcome ebay, of course you can be a deacon...or deaconess... guess I will need to come up with some guidelines..

Love First Nording Amanda...I thought of Houston's First Nordy Church...but you know, it's played.

Anonymous said...

i may not be working hard to make YOU look good but i'm working incredibly hard to make someone look good! haha