Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lisa P and Nancy Marie







OK, you can go to Lisa's blog from this link I think. I need to learn how to do this so I could just put her name. I need to learn how to add my blogging friends to my blog.




Anyway, you can go over and read Lisa's blog...great posts and pictures. I am not just saying that cause she is my BFF. I love how she writes, I love the way she processes her thoughts and I love the fact that she and I have never met a run on sentence we didn't love. Sometimes it is just too hard to stop for punctuation.




Lisa and I love our little friendship. She encourages me, prays for me, sings to me as opposed to sing with me, and makes me double over in laughter. We can talk on the phone for hours, have several brief calls throughout the day or there are those occasional times that we don't talk on a given day, so we text. I am telling you she has walked with me through some of the darkest times of my life. We both discovered God's new mercies. We love us some Lupe Tortilla and can find ourselves as in the words of Beth Moore in the throes of salsa. Normally we can be found at the Bistro at the Nord, but also at Ashland House (I have never posted about our funny day, note to self), Buffalo Grille and we need to make a trip to Crescent City. She has been but I have not. Massa's is a great choice too. Dena, Peggy and I discovered Massa's when we went to WOF last year in Houston. We really didn't care who was speaking, we went cause our friend Lisa was singing. I also introduced she and Malcolm to Josephine's.




To change the words of an old hymn, "there's not a friend like the lovely Lisa. No not one, no not one. OK, she had to sing that song all last year for Women of Faith conferences and it wasn't exactly one of her all time favorites.




Even before we became the best of buds, I told her when we would talk about her making a CD, I have a table, a chair and a money bag, but no PRODUCT.


I love sitting with her on Tuesday nights at LProof. If there is a prayer or a commissioning to say with a friend, she is right there. I don't know how many of those we have said together, but we meant those words. We are bruised from elbowing each other when we get a Word from the Lord.




One of my favorite times with Lisa was in San Antonio. We went to the National Conference for WOF. I don't know what it was about the freeways there, but I kind of went NASCAR. You would not believe how fast I was taking curves and multi tasking while I did it. I looked over at Lisa, in mid curve mind you, and she looked a little scared. She asked me did I know how fast I was driving? Did I know I was taking a curve? Did I drive like this in Houston and she just didn't notice? The answer to all those questions came in the parking lot of our hotel. We just sat in the car and laughed till we cried, until we could hardly breathe and untranslated threats of wetting our pants. People who walked by probably thought just like some biblical people thought in Act 2, they must be drunk. But no, we weren't as they supposed, we were filled with the spirit. I don't know whether I should capitalize that or not. God was present though. I think He was laughing right along with us. This past weekend Roy and I visited Grace Methodist Church in Katy. Awesome church...awesome people... anyway, their pastor said we should pray before we play and as we pray our pray should become play. Yep, he is so right.


I could go on and on, but I thought I would just share a few little things about Lisa. I love her, she's the best. Once my working days are through, we are going to hang out at the gym, eat lunch, play some cards, go to LProof Bible study, go to the Spa and look for jobs in our spare time.


4 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

SHUT THE HECCCCKKKKKK UP!


RIGHT BACK AT YA girl! Hmm.

Nancy Mon said...

I don't know....hmmmmm

Dana said...

nancy,
I can show you how to make a link just be the word you click on. And I can show you how to add your friends blogs and other sites you like...if you like...just let me know...love you.

dana

Nancy Mon said...

Dana, if you have a moment Monday or Tuesday to help me that would he great. Love you too!