Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Little Trip to the Nord Changes It All

If you are a faithful reader of the monablog you are more than aware of my love of all things Nord. One of my favorite things to do is go to the Spa. On Monday I met Peggy for pedicures. Oh, the relief from the agony of the feet. I know that was so bad and so vintage. Don't get me wrong I like pedies from other places, but at The Nord when you sit up on one of those chairs behind the veil, you feel like royalty or whatever else is close to that. But the all time fav treatment is the massage as done by one fabulous Stacy. To be such a small petite woman, she can get deep into the muscle and all the tightness is gone. I asked her once if she ever watched King of the Hill and was she familiar with Peggy Hill's trademark, "Oh Yea!" There have been many times I have wanted to so Peggy Hill it as she works out all the tightness in my shoulders.

I met Stacy on my last day of being 49. I took Lisa, Peggy and Dena to the Spa for the day to celebrate my 50th birthday. I figure I want to leave my 40's on a best day ever. We met at the Spa and had facials, exfoliation, algae or aromatherapy wrap, massage and scalp treatment, manicure, pedicure and lunch in the relaxation room. Ain't no way I am going to post my exfoliation experience but those of you who know me, know the story. I have been going to Stacy ever since. When she was out on maternity leave, I was faithful to her and did not go see another massage therapist, but I was glad when she came back. She knows the reason for all my tension and I have helped her walk through some difficult times of life. Tonight when she came to greet me and take me back to the changing room, she asked are you ready? I said, oh yes. It has been a tough few weeks and the stress had gone straight to my lower back. When she finished tonight, she sat down and said, "Nancy, you have been coming to me for a long time and I think it is time for us to talk." Man, I thought, she is going to break up with me...she is going to say I cannot do another thing for those muscles that could be mistaken for rocks in your shoulders and you need to see someone else. I mean, I just about tensed up again, but she said, "it is time for you to let me work on your glutes, because that will stop all the pain you are having in your lower back." So the next time I go... it is glute time. Guess there is really something to being a pain in the butt.

4 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

oh boy. There are too many butt references to possibly say here.

I'll just ask, "what is holding you back from the glutes getting massaged? Does she massage your stomach?" She does your ear lobes, for crying out loud! You're paying her for it all, get it all!

Nancy Mon said...

I don't know,,,Nothing is holding me back, hmmm...I mean she never really worked that area, maybe just a little. No, she doesn't massage my stomach. Guess I will ask her why next time. Oh the ear lobes, that is totally the best!!!hmmm

kittyhox said...

Hi! Just popping over. Hope you don't mind the comments of a random stranger.

How funny!

It's good that you've established a long client relationship with her, so that you'll feel more comfortable with the glut work!

:)

PS I love Nordstrom. I live in Seattle, where I get to enjoy the flagship store! :)

Are you in Texas? I so want to move to Texas, but I don't think I could deal with the humidity or insects! :)

Funny stuff!

Nancy Mon said...

Thanks for popping over and you are so fortunate to be able to go to the flagship store. I have a good friend that I have known since the 6th grade that lives in Gig Harbor which is up that way. In Seattle your humidity is rain...:) Thanks for stopping by and please come back again.