Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts

Roy has entered into the wonderful world of iPod. This is so strange for us because he always knows way more than me about anything that has to do with computers. He got his iPod yesterday so last night after a delicious dinner at Sweet Tomatoes I began to tutor him. I hope I was kinder to him than he is to me when he is trying to help me in Excel. He not too patient. We have begun loading all his CD's which none of them are music, all teaching. He is coming along quite well but needed my help when I got home late this evening from a meeting at church. It is nice to be needed.

Koolaid comes in single servings now just like Crystal Light. I am thrilled and enjoyed a Tropical Fruit Koolaid Friday night. I love Koolaid in the summer.

Every year I know it is summer when Fern hits the pool at our condo. Fern is an older woman, retired who spends everyday at the pool when the sun is out. She had this little float she uses to prop her book on to read in the water. I think Fern hibernates all winter, you never see her, but come summer she is on the look out for passers by and a little conversation.

Buddy has been good this past week. She has not jumped on my head one time. My favorite thing to play with her now is with a laser pen. She will follow that red dot everywhere. It tires her out too. She is again getting into my closet in the mornings and carrying various articles of mine out to her food dish. That means she thinks those items belong to her. It is quite comical at times the things we find in the kitchen by her bowl.

Sweet Tomatoes is doing strawberry month and it is all good. They have even included strawberry topping for the ice cream. Next month is pineapple month...not a fan so we won't be there too often in June.

Jason, the minister I work with, spoke at Highpoint today. When I first began working for him, he was the speaker every week. I love to hear Jason teach, he is real and quite vulnerable. He taught on distractions and what keeps us from doing and being in the yes of God. OEG which stands for Official Episcopal Guy and that is the name I have given to Lee who works in the bookstore at church came with us. Roy works downtown so he was there. Great to have
lunch with my husband and with friends...and it was free for me. It's all good.

Well I better save some thoughts for another time. Roy is waiting for me to show him how to subscribe to podcasts.

More to follow!

3 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

Ahhhhh! Y'all are such a neat couple. I love your random thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I love Kool Aid, too - my favorite is Watermelon Cherry! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy-mon........just OEG checking out your blog.
I did enjoy that day a lot also.
Jason is a very good speaker,,,just don't tell him I said that! Ha, ha...
OEG out.....lol....