Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

To all my friends who are moms, I wish for you a very special Mother's Day. This morning I visited The Bridge Class at 9:10. I totally loved my visit. The class was friendly and I guess it doesn't hurt that my boss is one of the teachers...but I think it would have been a warm and friendly class even if Jason wasn't one of the teachers. Paige read a verse in 3 John 4- I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. She said her father had written that verse to she and her 3 sisters and now it had even more meaning as she and Jason raise 3 boys. Side note- Preston, their youngest was baptised today. So I write this verse to encourage you all as you raise your children in the path of the Lord. Happy Mother's Day!

After church I ran by the play grocery store to buy dinner for tomorrow night and pick up yogurt for Roy. The lady behind the counter asked if I was a mom and I said well...not really but I did have some kiddos in the Lord. Kind of stunned she asked well do you have a cat or dog and I said yes we have Buddy our cat. So then the kind lady at the play grocery store wished me a Happy Mother's Day. I went right over to the pet aisle and got Buddy a new catnip toy and some treats.

On Friday I got the sweetest card from our adopted daughter Becky. God knew the timing was perfect. The words refreshed my spirit and then little happy tears came down my cheeks.

This year instead of giving books to every woman present at church, books were given just for the moms. There were some hurt feelings in the hallways and I did my best to assuage their hurt. I was even offered a book, but I gave my standard line. This is fun to do to watch peoples faces. In fact almost every Tuesday night at LProof Bible study I would go to the product tables and ask, is there anything here that does NOT include prayer? Women standing on either side of me are shocked, but they never say anything to me. The kind staff and volunteers at LProof just give me a look and then laugh with me. The book given away today is 'A Woman of Prayer.' So I just told them if prayer was involved, I just wasn't interested. Of course I really don't feel that way but sometimes I like to give what little energy I have left to amusing myself. Saying stuff like this totally amuses me. I am going to take a nap, got to go back to church tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
Thanks for being a "spiritual mom" to me (and quite a few others)! You are loved, admired and appreciated more than words can say!

Lisa Pierre said...

Every woman present in my Sunday School got the book and 1 woman asked for one to take home to her Mother.
Remember you have enough books to last you for a while.
Kamri bought a Lucky dress with the gift card you gave for her birthday, thanks, Mom! You give good gifts.
I had a terrific day full of lamb, bread pudding and ice cream, etc. I didn't buy anything today -you'd be happy to know.